international farmall 806 ??

/ international farmall 806 ?? #1  

20 20

Elite Member
Hey folks just wondering about the 806 series tractor, dependablilty, maintenance, parts availabilty.......... If looking at one, what may be some things to check? I am mechanically inclined just want to make sure I don't miss something. Thanks in advance

/ international farmall 806 ?? #2  
Still own an 806 propane burner. Good dependable tractor. Basic tractor, good hp and size. Maintenance is easy. Used to also drive a 706 gas and it was a good tractor but liked the fuel. TAs are subject to needing clutch replaced but we never had issues with them.

/ international farmall 806 ?? #4  
Looking for 706 or 806 LP Gas in S. E. US for sale

/ international farmall 806 ?? #5  
806's could have 20,000 plus hours on them but they are a very rebuildable tractor. Look at the bushings on the clutch and the brakes for slop. With a lot of hours they will move side to side at the petal by an inch or more.

/ international farmall 806 ?? #7  
yep the 06's are good tractors. will go forever with a little tlc.

I'm currently doing some work to put a 706 back into service (D282 engine, 6,200hrs). With a little research new aftermarket parts are very available. And with a little more research, parts cross referencing, check multiple sources I have have surprised myself with even lower prices if you know what aftermarket part # to search for.

/ international farmall 806 ?? #8  
yep the 06's are good tractors. will go forever with a little tlc.

I'm currently doing some work to put a 706 back into service (D282 engine, 6,200hrs). With a little research new aftermarket parts are very available. And with a little more research, parts cross referencing, check multiple sources I have have surprised myself with even lower prices if you know what aftermarket part # to search for.

When rebuilding engines for tractors and the D282 version in particular I would be very hesitant to use any after market parts. They are almost never to the specs that are needed to make them a good performer. I also would be looking at the service manual very closely, for the hours you have we have normally just been into a good head blueprint repair and you should be able to get the next three thousand hours out of it with out to much trouble. You might enjoy the low prices of the after market parts, but if you knew the performance difference you would enjoy knowing that you didn't get a cheap job but one that did help to improve it!

/ international farmall 806 ?? #9  
Do the propane versions use a lot more fuel than the diesels?

/ international farmall 806 ?? #10  
Under heavy load it will burn 100 gallons or more per day. I ran a 190XT Allis Chalmers which is about the same size and it would be sucking fumes on the second 50 gallon tank propane by 6 pm when pulling a heavy disk all day. Propane was cheap at one point and many brands offered propane engines, but at todays prices, no way would I go for a propane engine.
806 diesel would burn about 50 gallons per day (1 tank would last more than 12 hours)