New to group from MA

/ New to group from MA #1  

jpchleapas

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1782, John Deere 332, 140
Hello to all. I am a newbie to my Cub Cadet 1782. It is my first diesel. I plan to move to Maine by the end of next summer. Anyway I am very pleased with the miserly fuel use of the Cub Vs. my John Deere 140 H3 my late Dad bought new back in 1972. The Deere 140 used two full gas tanks to mow just over an acre of grass. The Deere will still be kept as I have a loader for it and sentimental attachment to it as my Dad was proud of it. I repainted it once and bought him the chrome hub cap. When I do move to Maine it will be a back up for snow blowing and still be useful to landscape my property with the loader.

My new to me 1995 Cub only had 450 original hours on it and not a bit of rust when I bought it this past June. It looked brand new and exceeded my expectations from the pictures I had viewed before driving to make the final payment after looking it over in person. I drove down there with my trailer to N.Y. to bring it home. I will be posting a few questions as I have read it is important to check the bolts in the area where the transmission connects to the frame.

Greetings to all! John C.

/ New to group from MA #4  
:welcome:!

Used to own a 1782, loved that machine!