Battery good - no power

/ Battery good - no power #1  

ERE

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 HST
I have been having intermittent problems with starting, usually solved by turning the ignition off and back on. Today, I stopped mowing to get a warmer sweatshirt and when I got back on the tractor it wouldn't do anything. All fuses are good, including the 60a main.

When I turn the key to ACC, there is a fairly high pitched anemic sounding buzz from what sounds like under the instrument panel. Nothing will work in this switch postion - lights etc. When I rotate the switch past ACC to run - glow - start, nothing happens including the buzzing stops. Battery is almost new but I put a jumper to my truck just to eliminate the possibility of a bat battery. In the trouble shooting guide, the next thing to check is the ignition switch. I tried WD-40 on it because I know that has worked for some people.

My current problem is that I don't see how to check the switch. I can see the plug but not reach it by removing the center panel below the wheel. How do you remove the switch so you can get a meter on it? I don't want to just clamp vice grips on it, there must be a technique that I don't know.

/ Battery good - no power
OK, I solved it and for information of anyone who is wondering, you do just put a channel lock pliers on the top ring and loosen it. After it is off, just reach up under and pull it out. You can upplug it near the brake pedal.

It turns out the switch was a big part of the problem. Cleaning up the contacts worked wonders.

/ Battery good - no power #3  
I have heard that open station Kioti's are known for key switch issues from moisture.