Address Marker

/ Address Marker #1  

tglass

Platinum Member
Tractor
3320 w/cab
I may have posted this on the wrong part of the from, but..they are working on the road by the house and have moved the mailbox about a half mile up the road. Now there is no 911 address to my home. I'de like to make or purchase one to put on the gate post for emergency services, UPS, etc. Without the cost of buying a plaque or other for $100.00 or more. Anyone see any homemade reflective signs cheap I can put up or make that looks good ?

/ Address Marker #2  
Im not sure where you live, but you can check with your local fire department or volunteer fire house. Many are selling metal reflector addresses to raise money. Ive seen it in several states now.

Also, check ebay. I had some street signs made up for our association. about $30.00

/ Address Marker #3  
You can buy reflective numbers easily enough at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Paint a board or two to mount on a post and attach the numbers to the board.

/ Address Marker #4  
In some states the Sheriff's department is in charge of assigning 911 addresses, tied to your land line if you have one. These 911 addresses are or may be different from the RFD or mailing addresses. For example, what once was a mailing address of Route 34, Box 223, is now US 770 Hwy Access Rd, # 1234 for 911 purposes. [If you call 911 and just say "help", they dispatch to the location of that land line based on caller ID.]

What state are you in?

/ Address Marker #5  
Not sure of your state but I think it's a law that there needs to be a fire number at every drive way. I diddnt have one due to an error on the counties part and the Fire Chief,. Ambulance and 911 made them re-do the addresses.

/ Address Marker #6  
Our address changed 3 times in 1 year trying to adjust for the 911 system. They even changed the roads name 1 time. Was a real pain in the butt, as i run a business and kept having to order new business cards and checks.

/ Address Marker #7  
may have posted this on the wrong part of the from, but..they are working on the road by the house and have moved the mailbox about a half mile up the road. Now there is no 911 address to my home. I'de like to make or purchase one to put on the gate post for emergency services, UPS, etc. Without the cost of buying a plaque or other for $100.00 or more. Anyone see any homemade reflective signs cheap I can put up or make that looks good ?
:confused2: I'd just go get the mail box and put it back up where it was.

/ Address Marker #8  
Or get me to make you a nice new one...like i did for the wife's new front entry planter. I even added lights. Its 1/4" steel tube post and 3/16" plate steel sign. I decided to go with a bear motif this time.

Attachments

• PA221497.JPG
    PA221497.JPG
    687.3 KB · Views: 192
  • PA231504.JPG
    PA231504.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 209
  • PA241523.JPG
    PA241523.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 200
  • rock 2.jpg
    rock 2.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 184
  • _MG_2103_1.jpg
    _MG_2103_1.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 233
  • sign night.jpg
    sign night.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 204
   / Address Marker

yea, I'm sure a mailbox would last quite a while in the middle of a new road in progress, and like anyone delivering the mail would stop there. Think the state (texas) should have thought of this before. Now that they are aware of the problem the only result is moving mailboxes with no regard to EMS services. I am just hunting for some type of address label to put on my corner fence post for UPS, FEDX, fire, and in case I need an ambulance, etc. for a nominal cost. Reallity tells me I should not have to pay for this. The state should have forseen this problem before the job was awarded to the contractor. And should provide markers of homes along that construction area.

Last edited:
   / Address Marker #10  
Or get me to make you a nice new one...like i did for the wife's new front entry planter. I even added lights. Its 1/4" steel tube post and 3/16" plate steel sign. I decided to go with a bear motif this time.

What a great entrance! Very nice, but how do you keep the bear from running "off" (getting stolen)?