Small Medium or Large?

/ Small Medium or Large? #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
Anyone have any thoughts why so many places are doing away with teh ''small' size? My local sub shop had all three but changed to just medium and large..
However if there is NO SMALL then how can there be a 'Medium"????
More Psychology ? Like we are geting more for less/ Or ''more' for the regular price?
Typical downsizing like the potato chips,tuna, 50 lbs dog food for 44 lbs etc...:confused2::confused2::confused2:

/ Small Medium or Large? #2  
yea, tuna,
where'd it alll go?
can hardly make more than 1 sandwich with a can
anymore :(

/ Small Medium or Large? #3  
1) A common ploy to get you to spend more money . If ya do a little mental acrobatics comparing the difference in size, price and price per size of each you will find you are paying more per unit price . In the case of subs it would be something like price / inch of small, medium, and large . I 've noticed the price / inch increases with the length .

2) Force you into paying and paying more than you would if the smaller size were offered . Unit price remains the same but smaller size not offered forces you into paying more or walk .

I see this goin' on in many other types of businesses .

/ Small Medium or Large? #4  
This trend started over half a century ago when Coca Cola went from selling its 6 oz Cokes for 5 cents to selling a 10 oz king size Coke for 6 cents. This escalated to 12 oz cans and 16 oz bottles and then on to 20 and 28 oz bottles and more.

They would rather you pay more and get more than pay less and get less.

Is there any doubt as to why obesity is such a major problem in America?

/ Small Medium or Large? #5  
All about revenue. Probably cost almost as much to produce the small sandwich as it does to produce the med-lg. Like already mentioned "you think" you're getting more for less, but it's likely the sellers profit margin is "more for less".. Primarily why I pay more attention when grocery shopping these day's. I don't "impulse buy end isle cap items or the middle of the shelf unless that happens to be a particular brand/product I want. I think food products are some of the best "marketing" ploys the world has ever seen.

/ Small Medium or Large? #6  
I've notice the same thing around the sandwich shops, they advertise 2 times as much sandwich for only $1. some change more :cool: it works out good if 2 people are eating each half of a ft long, but what if there is a 3rd person? he will either spend more on his 6" sandwich or go for the savings for twice as much and pig out on the entire thing;) and ummm! that usually be me :D
Actually this has been the trend for quite some times in advertised marketing, By paying a little more you get more for your money, But do you really?:confused: next time ordering a hamburger and fries, order 1-large and pay 1.89 and order 2 small for cents each. total 1.98.... I think you'll find will actually get 1/3rd more fries in the 2 small order for only 9 cents more,;)

and as for finding the Tuna.... try looking in the vacuum pack envelopes you be amazed how much comes out of them packs,;) when buying tuna from the can, as well all know it is packed with the oil/water this ads to the net weight of the product, the manufacture calls it "preserve" but I call it added cost at my expense for them to provide something that has a longer shelf life, I don't know about y'all but I drain off the liquid from the can of tuna,;)
when they came out with the vacuum packed tuna I am will to pay a little more for it, so's as long as it doesn't have that nasty oil in it,

/ Small Medium or Large?
Well today we had , a pre thanksgiving day feast lol
Had a nice loaf of break from Wal Mart .(purchased yesterday) and also can goods .
the bread was ok if you toast it.LOL the edges were already stale..:licking::confused2::laughing::laughing:
Then the peas oh my.same as the beans. almost half as much product and more filler(water).I can believe it..I dont usually buy the walmart food so im not sure. maybe its acceptable to the folks.
Ill have to compare.:confused: open both and count the number of peas in a can lol:laughing:
But its from wal mart so I know I am saving..;)

/ Small Medium or Large? #9  
Part of it is a marketing ploy- it is a 'small', but they call it 'medium' to make you think you are getting more. I remember ordering a small soda in a fast food joint, only to be corrected that they didn't offer small, just medium or large. I said, "Never mind." and walked out. The look on her face was worth going without a soda!

/ Small Medium or Large? #10  
found it!!

(the tuna that is)
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 111122_bigtuna.380.jpg
    111122_bigtuna.380.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 69