Transmission won't go into gear

/ Transmission won't go into gear #1  

hmeadows

Tractor
Mitsubishi D2350 FD
Last week my Mitsubishi D 2350 DF worked just fine but today it won't go into gear. Can anyone give me any ideas what to check?

Thanks

/ Transmission won't go into gear #2  
Common and probably not a problem.

If the gear cluster is rotated such that the gears bang and not line up, that will happen. Put it in N and rock the tractor back and forth. Start it, then (while in N) lift the clutch. Then it should go into gear.

Now if it won't go into N, you have an issue with the trans being in 2 gears at the same time. That's usually a worn shifter issue and may need the top cover of the trans removed so you can lever the shift plates or gates around to get it back into N.

/ Transmission won't go into gear
Thanks for the infor. I'll try rocking the tractor tomorrow. It does go into neutural and it seems like it goes into gear but when I let the clutch out it's just like being in neutural the tractor doesn't move. A couple of times it seemed like it started to catch but jumped out of gear. If it was my Mustang I would know what to look for but I know nothing about tractors and I can't find a repair manual for it.

/ Transmission won't go into gear #4  
Thanks for the infor. I'll try rocking the tractor tomorrow. It does go into neutural and it seems like it goes into gear but when I let the clutch out it's just like being in neutural the tractor doesn't move. A couple of times it seemed like it started to catch but jumped out of gear. If it was my Mustang I would know what to look for but I know nothing about tractors and I can't find a repair manual for it.
Here ya go:

Mitsubishi D2350 service manual, Mitsubsishi tractor repair manual D2350FD