L2900 GST Throttle Sticking

/ L2900 GST Throttle Sticking #1  

Ward

Tractor
Kubota L2900
The throttle sticks at the injector body. The linkage runs free and is not part of the situation. The problem is most apparent after the tractor is well warmed up. I can back the throttle off all the way by pulling up on the foot pedal with my foot. However, I believe there are safer ways to operate!

I have loosened the two jam nuts on the bell-shaped lever housing at the injector. It did not help and the bell-shaped housing itself did not loosen up. I am afraid to go any further for fear I will really screw things up.

HELP would be appreciated.

Ward

/ L2900 GST Throttle Sticking #2  
Ward -if adjusting the jam nuts didn't do it, it is beyond me. All B series have stiff throttles as delivered by the factory, and have to have the linkage loosened, but with those it is just the jam nuts. Sounds like a dealer problem, especially since a situation like that could get you killed. Good luck - still under warrantee??

/ L2900 GST Throttle Sticking
Paul, I don't think it is under warranty anymore. Have done everything "safe" to fix it including every WD40-type material short of boiling oil. The dealer said he would come by but hasn't shown up yet. I really don't want anything on the injector body torn down if I can avoid it. That is one reason I would like to fix it myself.

/ L2900 GST Throttle Sticking #4  
Not a big deal if you've done a few. I would'nt recommend taking the speed plate off yourself. It's a little tricky with the gov springs. Try backing off the jam nuts and spray down real good with wd-40, then work the throttle back and forth till it frees up, then snug the jam nuts back up. The jam nuts should not apply any friction to the throttle shaft. They just hold the shaft up out of the engine. You may have to tap gently (down on the throttle shaft) to break any friction the jam nuts have applied.

/ L2900 GST Throttle Sticking
kub-mech, I will try your suggestion in a few weeks when I get back. Tapping the shaft just might do the trick as the jam nuts are not applying any pressure.

/ L2900 GST Throttle Sticking #6  
Kub-mech, it finally warmed up enough here in NH to try your fix. Tapping on the shaft (I gave it some good raps) after loosening the jam nuts appears to have worked. I have not used it heavily since the fix but I believe the problen is solved. I gave my dealer the "remedy" as well. (They could not find the problem since they did not get it really warmed up).