Adding rear remotes to kubota l35

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #1  

FF110

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, John Deere 4230, Satoh 650G
I am fairly new to hydraulics but am learning a lot through this forum, so any help would be appreciated. I am going to add a set of remotes to the rear of my L35 and have a valve that I want to mount beside of the FEL control. I am trying to figure out the best way to tap into for the in port. Originally the plan was to mount the valve on the fender, but when I got it in I did not like the placement there so I decided to move it. I was going to tap inot the line for the backhoe at first but since moving the valve I am wondering what my options are. I do not want to run my in and out hoses to the back to tie into backhoe lines if there was some way to tie into the FEL lines. Any suggestions?

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #2  
I think I would use the BH supply hose to feed the new valve and install QD's on the remote and plug the BH into the QD's.

The BH hose is probable coming from the FEL PB port to the back.

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #3  
I can't say if the L35 is the same set up as the B21 and L39 but the feed lines for the backhoe are not active when using the 3pt hitch. There is a diverter valve that redirects the flow from the backhoe to 3pt hydraulics.

MarkV

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #4  
FF110,

IF your tractor has PB from the FEL valve, does the line run to the hyd block? Are the hoses to the back connected to the hyd block?

On my Kubota, there is slotted screw that you turn if using the outlets on the hyd block.

This selection allows hyd pressure to the back for my splitter and be able to raise the 3pt.

However, if the BH or splitter is not being used, there has to be a jumper for the two lines, or plug the male into the female QD. This completes the hyd circuit for continuous flow.

Any valve using the flow from the hyd block should be capable of PB as the BH valve or the log splitter valve must be able to take the full tractor pressure.

Some BH valve have PB and some log splitter valve have PB.

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35
Thanks for the info. My BH lines have to be connected back to each other when it is not in use to complete the circuit. I had not thought about not being able to use the 3 pt. hitch the way that I was going to run it. I will have to go back and look again to see how I can run them. Most of the time that would not be a problem because most of the things that I would run with the remotes do not hook up to the 3 pt.

With my new valve being mounted beside of the FEL valve would it be possible to put a "T" in the power beyond line coming off of the FEL and run it to the "In" outlet of the new valve, and if this is possible where do I run the "Out" line.
This should allow me to run the remotes and the 3 pt hitch at the same time I think if it would be possible.

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #7  
You should not tee into an open center circuit as the fluid must flow to tank,and the fluid will find a path or damage part of the system.

I am thinking yur selector for the 3pt and the hoses are like mine. I leav the seitch in the position that will allow me to use the log splitter and the 3pt .

This is the way I envision the flow, pump to FEL valve, to hyd block, and to 3pt, tank.

If the switch is turned the other way, The flow would be pump to hyd block to the hoses connected together, to hyd block , then 3pt , then tank..

Can you verify this.

I am not sure about the flow. I have a handle on the rear of the tractor that I switch depending if the backhoe is on or if the 3 pt. arms are on the machine. I do know that when the handle is in the backhoe position the 3 pt. arms will not move. Also could I have another question about the FEL valve. Could I run a line from the "out" port of the FEL valve to the "in" port on my new valve for the remotes and hook the line that is currently on the FEL valve going "out" to the "out "port on my new valve? The new valve is open center so it should flow through.

/ Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #9  
Just about any time you use the OUT port on a valve, and pass the fluid downstream to another valve, you risk the valve as the OUT port has a low psi rating about 250 to 500 psi.

The PB port is designed to take the pump pressure. Also, if the PB is being used, the only fluid coming out of the OUT valve is FEL cyl expended fluid. No pressure.

Do you have a hyd schematic of your tractor. I would like to see the path the fluid takes in both positions of the switch.

You could split the flow from the PB port into two paths, with a priority valve or divider valve..

The flow is split and the priority circuit is always getting a set flow, The other port will output the remaining pump volume to additional circuits. Some of these valve divide the flow equally.

Valves like this are used sometimes with power steering .

This is a priority valve.

Surplus Center - 3/4" NPT 7 GPM PARKER PRIORITY VALVE

Last edited:
   / Adding rear remotes to kubota l35 #10  
How many lines are on your FEL valve? If you have 7 total, 4 going to the loader cylinders and three going the tractor, then you mostly have a power beyond circuit. You could put a new valve, with a power beyond port, in series with either the power beyond circuit from the FEL valve or the supply to the FEL valve. You could tee into the existing tank line from the FEL valve for the tank from the new valve.

If you only have two lines from your FEL valve going the tractor, then you would have to put your new valve in series with the inlet supply to the FEL valve. You could still tee into the tank line from the FEL valve. The FEL would then be run from the power beyond port of the new valve.

It is import to make sure there is a relief valve in the system. If the only relief is integral to the FEL valve, then any valve added up stream of the FEL valve should have an integral relief as well.