Work light connectors on L3940 ?

/ Work light connectors on L3940 ? #1  

stub

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940HST, Kubota 7510HST (traded)
Can somebody tell me if these 3 green connectors on my 2011 L3940 HST (no cab) are intended for work lights? The wires look kinda small. thanks

Attachments

• green_connectors.jpg
    green_connectors.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 355
  • green_connectors1.jpg
    green_connectors1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 415
   / Work light connectors on L3940 ? #2  
I just used one of them to power a linear actuator to move the discharge chute head on my front mounted snow blower. It is fed through the cigarette lighter on my L3430 (factory cab version)

/ Work light connectors on L3940 ? #3  
Looked small to me too, and I wanted to run 4 lights, so I just ran a new fused wire from the hot side (battery connection side) of the starter to the back where I mounted new switches. Philip.

Attachments

• LIGHTS11.jpg
    LIGHTS11.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 447
  • LIGHTS10.jpg
    LIGHTS10.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 360
  • LIGHTS14.jpg
    LIGHTS14.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 678
   / Work light connectors on L3940 ? #4  
I have no experience with the Grand L, but on the plain L series there are bullet type connectors under the fenders for work lights. As I recall the work light circuit has a yellow-with-black-flecks or black-with-yellow-flecks wire and runs to a 10 amp fuse in the fuseblock.

Sean

/ Work light connectors on L3940 ? #5  
They are for the work lights. Just remember that it's a 10 amp circuit so the wires don't need to be too large. But it also limits the number of lights you can have on at the same time.

/ Work light connectors on L3940 ? #6  
Yes they are for extra work lights, and what ever else you want, radio, CD player,same on my L3540 if you check with meter they are hot.
DevilDog

/ Work light connectors on L3940 ? #7  
If you are concerned the wires are not large enough to power the lights safely then have them be the hot wire to power a relay and pull your main load on a larger gauge wire.