Box Scraper price check on box scraper

/ price check on box scraper #1  

GPintheMitten

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 with BH65 backhoe, Ford 2N
A guy in my area has a 5' Ford box scraper for sale for $400. It is straight and looks heavy duty with scraper blades on both sides and the scarifires. What do you think?

/ price check on box scraper #2  
Well, it really depends on your area... how many come up for sale??? 5 footers around here don't sell until they are below $300. Yes, we have a bunch of them...

*IF* it's a good deal... coming on TBN and asking about it will not help because it will most likely be sold already before you get a reply. You need to know what they sell for in your area before you buy.

Photos of the condition of the unit helps a bunch...

/ price check on box scraper #3  
In my area used for sale box scrapers are hard to find. $400 seems like a good deal to me if it is in decent condition.

/ price check on box scraper #4  
We bought a Howse 5' bb in near new condition in Oregon this spring for $320.

/ price check on box scraper #5  
Hope this will help. In the area I'm in I could not find a used Box blade. Just purchase a new 5' BB at TSC for $599.

/ price check on box scraper #6  
$400 seems like a good deal to me if it is in decent condition.
22.gif

/ price check on box scraper #7  
Around here, it's hard to get more than 1/2 of new price for a used implement. Check with the New Holland dealer on the price of a new 5 footer. If it's less than $800, I personally would pass up a $400 used one.

//greg//

/ price check on box scraper #8  
I can get a brand new Howse 5' box blade for $500 here, and it's among the best built I have seen. I'd shoot for $250-350 on a used one depending on condition.

/ price check on box scraper #9  
A guy in my area has a 5' Ford box scraper for sale for $400. It is straight and looks heavy duty with scraper blades on both sides and the scarifires. What do you think?

$400 bucks might be steep for a Ford boxblade 5'(not that there bad). Can you post some pics ? How many scarifiers does it have 3/4/5 ? How much does it weigh ? Are you getting nice pins with it ? These are all things I'd look at.

Boone

Attachments

• Bull%20Rider_xing_thumb_640.jpg
    Bull%20Rider_xing_thumb_640.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 164
   / price check on box scraper #10  
Depending upon your needs it may or may not be a good deal, TSC (county line boxes are made by Tarter Gate Company) are very lightweight units, but will work fine for some applications, the other end of the spetrum are Woods/Gannon boxes that will weigh more than twice as much as the county Line boxes. You get what you pay for and there are occasional good buys on both ends of the spectrum. $400 for a used 5' foot Ford box scraper is a little high for this area. It won't hurt to make a counter offer to the seller.