Long 360

/ Long 360 #1  

Down South

Silver Member
Tractor
Long 360
Hi guys, I am new new and exploring. With the evolution / abandonment of the Long tractor I am looking for the right forum.

There must be quite a few still running, mine is and great, for a 70's.
Just got my second manual and i wont be lending any more out.

Thanks
DS

/ Long 360 #2  
Hi guys, I am new new and exploring. With the evolution / abandonment of the Long tractor I am looking for the right forum.

There must be quite a few still running, mine is and great, for a 70's.
Just got my second manual and i wont be lending any more out.

Thanks
DS
Long 360... I too have a Long tractor. It's a 2001/02 model with 39 horses. It is a great little tractor. Having problems with it slowing down when going up hill. And the fuel guage is inaccurate. Should I replace the fuel pump? If so, where can I get one and the instructions for replacing it?
Thanks
tdcook

/ Long 360
Wow that new.

Actually ebay and google are your friend.
I Had a poor experience with Your Import Tractor Parts Source!

But He may have had a bad week, I know i was.
I ended up with 1/2 the right filters for my tractor at no cost and some that didn't fit.
I just couldn't get him to communicate with me.

But it seems to have the widest variety of parts available.

Before i replacing the pump, when was the last filter change? Have you use a enzyme in the fuel tank or blown air back up the line?

I haven't had that problem with mine (much older) But I just wrestled a older 4000 Ford gas. I never seen so much crud in any tank/fuel system before.

The point being, bacteria and crud can get in the fuel and reduce flow.

DS

/ Long 360 #4  
For informational purposes, two 360 models were imported for Long, The Romanian, and the Korean. Korean compact tractor, 1999, to their end. The 360 was all Romanian back in the 70's. Great little tractor . My dad still owns one, buying it new in 1975. The model 2360 came out in 1989 to replace it. Bought one myself and used for a few years, till someone had to have it worse than me, and I sold it. Used very little fuel for a 40 hp.. Sure miss that tractor. Sold and serviced quite a few of them. As far as gauges are concerned, they were a weak point in the Romanian tractor. Wiring problems, sending units, gauges and fuses themselves, were to blame. The fuse holder is a problem by itself. The slowing down problem with the engine RPM., could be a lack of fuel out of the tank. They incorporated a steel line in the bottom of the tank that used to cause problems plugging. We were told by factory reps. to drain tank, remove the shut off valve, and drill a hole through that line, so fuel didn,t have to follow the steel line inside. We did this on all new factory tractors before selling. Alot of dealers did not. Also, their is a screen on top of the fuel pump that can plug. Remove the top bolt for access. Change the fuel filters per owners manuel. good luck - Trac

/ Long 360 #5  
hi ryone im new here and new to long tractors... i have a 560 and am in need of an engine block.. im having some serious trouble locating one !! any help would be greatly appreciated

/ Long 360 #6  
hi ryone im new here and new to long tractors... i have a 560 and am in need of an engine block.. im having some serious trouble locating one !! any help would be greatly appreciated

try looking on tractor house under parts search you will find some salvage yards that might have one

/ Long 360 #7  
I have a Long 560. Tough running old Tractor. I get all my parts from LongParts.com. Best prices and he has everything. Otherwise there is a dealer 50 miles from me that used to sell Long tractors and can still get parts. I just ordered a new waterpump. 90 bucks. Parts are still pretty cheap.

/ Long 360
Wow seems like i looked at that website and didn't think much of them.

But i see they have many parts and will become a source of most of my future parts.
Thanks
DS