Tractor News Kubota - Made in the USA

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #2  
I gotta wonder how many of the buy American made crowd will trade in their JD or NH to buy Kubota:D

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #3  
To me JD and CNH is just trying to extend their global reach and make it easier for them to sell within the emerging Asian markets. Now if JD and/or CNH close US plants or layoff US workers as a result of this, then that is a whole another story. Good to see that American companies (well CNH is a more a quasi-American company) are finally starting to wage a product competitive war on the Asian shores; took them long enough!

Last edited:
   / Kubota - Made in the USA #4  
Does this mean some of the Kubota tractors will now carry this label.

made-in-usa.jpg

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #5  
How long has it been since JD had an American made engine?:) (Talking about the SCUT and CUT models, don't know about the BIG FARM TRACTOR ENGINES) and don't know about the rest of the tractor but know the engine is imported (SCUT/CUT) but that wouldn't/didn't stop me from buying a JD when I started buying tractors. The $3000 more for a comparable JD vs the Kubota did and the $2500 more for a comparable NH vs the Kubota did.
Doubt there is much difference between the 3 in reliability/dependability but 9 years ago there was a major difference, to me, in the price.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #6  
I was hoping not to see this on the CNH factory:

"The planned 4.3 million-square-foot factory will produce high-horsepower
tractors, combine harvesters
and other machinery featuring advanced
technology, the company said."

It doesn't say if they're going to bring the stuff back over here.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #7  
i know back in 78 to 80 a friend of mine was going to sign the papers on a new JD tractor cutter rake an rd baler.an just before he did he noticed on the block made in france.so he walked in the dealers office an told them the deal was off an walked out.went the ford dealer an bought the equipment from them.because at that time they was supposed tobe made in the USA.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #8  
50 % of JD's plants are in the U.S. and 50% are elsewhere. The same can't be said for many other manufacturers.

BTW, most of JD's engines are built in Mexico.

It's nice to see jobs coming to America though:thumbsup:

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #9  
Manufactured or assembled, I just get confused trying to figure it all out.

/ Kubota - Made in the USA #10  
Way back in 1989 I was a salesman for a John Deere dealership. We carried 3 lines of tractors; The 650 -1650 were Yanmars and sold very well. The 50-55 series were Mannheim,Germany built and slightly overlapped in features/horsepower both the Yanmars and the USA tractors [which went on well above 100 hp.] Our implements came from all over the world. It got interesting watching our customers check the stickers and build plates!! I tried to determine what their actual needs were first and went from there. [Had lunch with the Kubota ,IH and Ford salesmen about once a week..the stories were great at that table!]