Loader clamp on forks

/ clamp on forks #1  
Tractor
kubota L3200; john deere lt190
has anyone used the clamp on style of of forks??are they worth spending the money on or do they move around to much??

/ clamp on forks #2  
has anyone used the clamp on style of of forks??are they worth spending the money on or do they move around to much??
I have the ones that slip over the edge of lip of the bucket and then the chain wraps around the bucket and hooks into the top of the fork with a ratchet tightener. They are usable but the tips will move if you bump the ends and are somewhat aggravating but beat nothing and considerably cheaper than dedicated forks. I'm well satisfied with mine for my uses and the price. Would buy again.

/ clamp on forks #3  
I have a set for my BX25. They work well for what they are. They do tend to move so you have to reset and tighten clams often. They will not lift weight equal to bucket capacity as they stick out that much further. I use them all the time for loading/unloading stuff from the truck. You will need good ballast on the 3PT to counter the leverage way out front. I gave up on lifting pallets of wood and use a universal carrier on the 3PT. I added a third one to move brush onto burn piles, works good for that also for now. Plan to make a hook on set of brush forks before summer to handle brush. Will post pictures after I get it made.

Ron

/ clamp on forks
sounds like id be better off fabbing up some that bolt on to the bucket wanting to use mainly for debris and brush removel
but would like them to be adjustable for the occasional pallet

/ clamp on forks #5  
sounds like id be better off fabbing up some that bolt on to the bucket wanting to use mainly for debris and brush removel
but would like them to be adjustable for the occasional pallet
If your a "fabber" that has the metal working tools, the metal and a bit of time then for sure go for making your own.

/ clamp on forks #6  
Another option to pick-up some clamp-on forks on the cheap is to keep an eye on the want ads. In this area they tend to show up on Craigslist pretty regularly but you have to be patient. After about a month of looking I found a set of Payne's medium duty forks in good shape for $125. I didn't want to spend much more than that given their limitations and my uses and I can't justify the $$$ for converting to a QA pallet fork setup so this worked out well.

They work great for brush, limbs, and lighter pallets. It is also nice to be able to move stuff on a pallet rather than chaining/slinging it up. But they are definitely not a replacement for a proper pallet fork setup (IMHO).

/ clamp on forks #8  
I bought a set on e-bay for like 169 bucks i think. I use them for moving logs around my sawmill and for firewood. They do tend to move a-lot when trying to move brush around but like someone mentioned before for the price you can't beat um compared to the actual attachment.

Attachments

• 1101111521.jpg
    1101111521.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 403
  • 1101111557.jpg
    1101111557.jpg
    808.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 1101111651.jpg
    1101111651.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 557
   / clamp on forks #9  
Forgot to mention. If you through a ratchet strap or chain around them it helps quite a bit with the movement. The ones I have have the spot for a chain to connect to both sides. If you are going to use them for brush I wouldn't recommend them but for moving logs or pallets they work great IMO.