Front-End Loader Dropping the bucket

/ Dropping the bucket #1  

Kuboy

Tractor
Kubota B7610
Ok, I had a quick 10 minute review of my used Kabota with a front end loader. Can someone tell me how to drop the front loader via gravity so it hits the pavement without lifting the front end? I know this is easy but I'm just learning.
Thanks to all positive responses.

/ Dropping the bucket #2  
Mine goes into the "float" position by pushing the stick all the way forward. You have to push it past the detent for the down movement which lifts the front end. It doesn't take a lot of strong arm effort to get past that detent and just lowers the bucket gently to the ground without lifting. Hope that works for you.

/ Dropping the bucket #3  
Yeah, float position will do it or if you are dropping it when you finish just shut the engine off and lower.

/ Dropping the bucket #4  
   / Dropping the bucket #5  
If your concern is just for parking, then you can do either of the above, or even lower the bucket to the ground, shut down then work the FEL control. As the pressure goes off the system, if the bucket is raised, it will lower; if the bucket is carrying some of the tractor's weight, it will let it down.
If you are looking at scraping position, the float method is probably the best approach.
BOB

/ Dropping the bucket #6  
   / Dropping the bucket #7  
Cant get that link to work for me

I agree, it does not work. but none of the videos work right now, It did work ok an hour ago. but I am unable to watch any videos from this site at this time. Perhaps try again later.

James K0UA

/ Dropping the bucket
Thanks for the info. I'll try it. Couldn't see the vid but will look later. One more quick question. I know the little lever in front of the big lever is some kind of lock thing. Can you tell me what it is for?
Thanks again. It really helps to know what the &^^^$ you are doing!

/ Dropping the bucket #9  
Thanks for the info. I'll try it. Couldn't see the vid but will look later. One more quick question. I know the little lever in front of the big lever is some kind of lock thing. Can you tell me what it is for?
Thanks again. It really helps to know what the &^^^$ you are doing!

I have not found much use for the loader lock lever myself. it is like a safety on a trigger of a gun, it blocks the loader valves from moving. I am not sure why you would want that, because if you locked it while you were standing under the loader thinking you were safe, well that is still dangerous. and I cannot think of any real reason to lock it.. perhaps others will know.

James K0UA

/ Dropping the bucket #10  
Videos are working again

James K0UA