ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power

/ ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power #1  

2LateIWon

Silver Member
Tractor
AGCO/CAT Challenger MT275
How do I or can I increase the power in my hydraulics. I understand (and I know its not on all tractors and I'm not sure if mine is one of them) but I hear there is an adjuster screw to in crease hydraulic pressure. Which I know I'll get a pressure gauge and find out what the max pressure is and set it up to the max pressure. Thanks

/ ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power #2  
If you know the pumps rated pressure, you can install a hyd gage and check and set the hyd pressure. It should be about 50 to 100 below the pump max pressure.

You can install a gage permanently in the IN port of the FEL valve, or use the plug in test hyd gages kits.

You can also plug the gage into a QD and momentary flip the lever to get a reading and or to set the pressure.

Here are some examples of a hyd gage test kits.

Larger hyd cyl will also provide more power.

Attachments

• !HYD  GAGE QD.jpg
    !HYD GAGE QD.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 403
  • !Hyd test set.JPG
    !Hyd test set.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 370
   / ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power
I like the installing the gauge. How and where do you install it? Does any one have any pics of theirs installed?

How do I increase it once I get the gauge installed?

/ ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power #4  
You either turn a screw on the relief valve or add shims to the relief valve. Look at the parts for your valve and determine what you have and go from there. If it is adjustable, install the gage and adjust. If you have to add shims, take the model number of the valve, or part numbers and purchase the shims at your dealer

If you want to install the gage, then you add a tee to the IN port of the FEL valve and add a 3000 psi gage in the tee. Then you can monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system.

It will show the hyd pressure for any operation you are doing.

/ ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power #5  
I have a similar problem, my ML30 bucket is stuck in the full up position! I have been online trying to find a schematic that might address this issue but so far nothing. I need the parts/service manual for the ML30.

/ ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power #6  
You want to look in a manual and see what the system pressure should be set at. The pumps are capable of far more than most systems could handle. Install the gauge in a main pressure test port or the loader lift line and read the gauge when the loader is at the top and won't go any higher. Then adjust the pressure relief valve to the specified amount. The manual will also show the pressure regulator location.

/ ML30 Loader MT275 Challenger tractor increase loader power #7  
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329088

In case you weren't aware, the Challenger, AGCO, and Massey units all roll off the same assembly from Iseki in Japan. Your Massey equivalent would be the MF1540. That's the previous generation to my Massey machines, but the relief system is likely still the same. So... I can't guarantee compatibility of course, but that thread should direct you appropriately.