Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package #1  

unimog_jason

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 755, Kioti DK40SE, JD 410
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at used mulchers and I found a 100hp Gehl wheeled skidsteer with track chains and a FAE UML/SSL head.

I have seen a couple videos on Youtube of a similar setup mulching material that would be similar to what I want to clean up and it seems to do a decent job. I have a bunch of underbrush and smaller trees (up to 4") that I want to clear out over 30 acres and maybe more at a later date.

Initially the machine would be for my own personal use on my own land, I may hire it out if there is opportunity but that is not my top priority at this point.

Anyone out there who would like to throw their two cents in?

Jason

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package #2  
that would be overkill but an FAE is a fine mulcher. Can't speak on the Gehl... have only run CAT and Bobcat but you can't go wrong with the mulcher. Low maintenance, fairly productive, and leaves a good end product. 4" material should mulch with little effort.

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package #3  
leave the gehl machine alone, they make or made the mustang, biggest p.o.s there is

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package #4  
Lots of Gehl/Mustangs around, if its the 7810 which if it has tires it probably is were very weak in the loader arms. They had decent power tho. The Deuitz was a bit of a sore spot with them, I think most had the Cummins in them.

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package
Thanks for the input guys.

Sounds like I was lucky, someone else scooped it up before I could get too far.

Jason

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package #6  
another worthless mulcher is the kodiak cutter, ran one for r.t.g. some years ago, what a piece of garbage, i think it finally burned up.

/ Looking for comments on Gehl/FAE mulcher package #7  
Many mustangs and gehls are made by Takehuchi. Very well built machines but the high flow pumps suck terribly. Power is good, visibility is great, good ground clearance. Bucket float function sucks for mulching and can be easy to damage the hoses when mulching from the top down.