again, someone turned me in to animal control??!!

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
For the 2nd time in as many months, some has anonimously turned me in to animal control / code enforcement. Same claim.. starving animals. They added this time that one of my horses was missing an eye.

Each time someone does this.. ode enforcement comes out, tacks up a big red 'VIOLATION' poster on my fence.. then when I get home I have to call them.. schedule an appt ment for them to come out and inspect the place, take pics.. etc. Each time the case is always closed immediatly. Animals are fine.. have food, shelter, hay, water, etc, etc.

of the 3 horses ont he property, 1 is a class A mini, and actually kinda FAT. the other is a 17yr old buckskin in perfect shape. the other is a 30yr old sorrell in GREAT shape, sans an eye. had to have it surgically removed a few ys ago.. ( twas not a CHEAP operation at an equine hospital.. IE.. MULTI-thousand $$ care )..

Either the general public are pure 100% MORONS or someone is out to get me in my community and keeps reporting me. making me take time off work to go handle the situation, contact AC/CE and get pics taken and the case closed.

each time i ask them who turned me in, and they keep telling me that for regular complaints they take a name.. but for cruelty complaints they don't. :(

I gotta find a way to fix this.. Perhaps at the ounty level.. get the ordinance changed.. this just ain't working if anyone can go and faile a false police rport, repeatedly. cuz that's what it is in essence.. a police report. the AC people cary guns and can arrest you and cite you and haul you into court.

There HAS to be a penalty for filing a false report???

just got back from my farm having to take care of that.... :( blew my morning...

soundguy

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #2  
To avoid possible physical altercations, it's not unusual for enforcement agencies to not reveal the source of complaints. But they should have some record and know whether it's the same person or not.

And twice in 2 months? Seems to me they would have the records of the first one and know whether the 2nd one was nonsense or not.

I would assume that every state has laws against making a false report to the police, but I think it has to be knowingly or intentionally, and that might be hard to prove in a case such as yours, if someone saw something to make them think the animals were not being properly cared for.

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #3  
I don't know about animal control but if you contact the Illinois EPA twice and the claims are unfounded you get fined $5000.

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!!
i'v asked them till i'm blue in the face about 'IF' they have info on who called in, whether or not they reveal it to me, and the officer has said that they in fact do not actually have info on who called it in... unfortunately.

My fencing is good. there is VISIBLE hay in the pasture in feeder rings, and VISIBLE water trough.

the animals are not thin.. one is FAT

the one missing the eye? it should be obvious to anyone with a 70IQ or above that it was surgically removed and stitched. it's not a big bleeding gash down the side of the animlas face with an eyeball dragging the ground or anything.

i'm getting fed up with this.

I asked the officer..' so if someone calls every morning and complains, you have to come out? '

officer said: We have to investigate EVERY complaint.

I gott get some help here....

there is a guy in my neighborhood who tried to sue me a few years back over not wanting my animals there.

could be him.

the animals are all up and mobile.. no downers or leg draggers.. water and fod for all.

it's so warm in florida that the horses are shedding their long coats for shorter hair.. so they look kindy fluffy-scruffy.. but that's it.

a person with average intellegence should eb able to determine that.. and if not.. they need to not falsly complain...

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!!
I don't know about animal control but if you contact the Illinois EPA twice and the claims are unfounded you get fined $5000.

should be the same with this.

with this anon. BS.. they are in effect harassing my via law enforcement... since theyy are unfounded claims.

each time officer comes out.. we talk.. they take pics and they immediatly CLOSE the case... ie.. unfounded.. no problem.. no violation.. no recomendation to fix / change anything.. just 'keep doing what you are doing'.. animals are adeauately cared for.. goodbye...

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #6  
A similar thing happened with a good friend who lives near the main highway South of Calgary. Animal control officer showed up regarding her "starving" horse. She gave the guy a nice tour, introducing him to 38 year old Buster (who passed away several months later) plus a few 15+ cats and 12+ dogs and other "senior" horses. She has had the animals for years and they seem to live for ever.

The officer thanked her for the tour and let the concerned person know everything is fine.

My friend was not upset because she can relate to someone who is concerned for animals. The officer handled it well by making sure the complainant was informed. My friend told him to let the person know (s)he was welcome to stop by and see the animals any time.

I realise your situtation is quite different due to less discretion for the control officer. But one would think they can take some initiative and just close the case.

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #7  
Each time someone does this.. ode enforcement comes out, tacks up a big red 'VIOLATION' poster on my fence.. then when I get home I have to call them.. schedule an appt ment for them to come out and inspect the place, take pics.. etc. Each time the case is always closed immediatly. Animals are fine.. have food, shelter, hay, water, etc, etc.s taken and the case closed.
So I don't understand this process. Is the guy that puts up the red poster just a gopher that has a list of places to tack up posters? Is the law such that you are guilty until proven innocent? What happens if you take the poster down and just ignore it? I'd be tempted to get a lawyer involved.

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #8  
We've had a few around here where the state comes in and removes animals. Some seem like legitimate concerns, animals appear in poor shape and the owner is too old to care for them. But one was an animal rescue farm, yeah the animals were misfits no one wanted, that why they were in the rescue to begin with.

If it's not costing you money to prove no neglect, instead of getting so upset about who or why, just ignore it. Tell the animal control people to think first before they put another flag on your fence.

I don't think it's worth losing your cool over, especially if you know your in the right. Maybe they were concerned about that fat horse, that he's too overweight :laughing:

JB

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #9  
Some people think they know more about animals than the owners; all too often these are the same ones who say that we can't tell them how to spend their welfare checks. I met many of these while travelling with my dog. "you shouldn't leave her in that truck, whyu don't you leave her at home?"
Well lady, I left home last Tuesday and won't be back for 2 more weeks.

My brother had someone take his dog off his front lawn, and turn it in as a dog at large. I thought that was called theft? :confused: Instead he had to pay a fine to get it back.

/ again, someone turned me in to animal control??!! #10  
Soundguy, didn't you just find yourself as a witness to usual behavior on your road? Made me wonder if the two problems could be related.

MarkV