HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy!

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy! #1  

raw23062

Guys....I need advice from some people in the know. I am buying a new to me tractor and have decided on a NH and have narrowed it down to 3 specific machines and can't decided between them. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#1 2005 NH TC40A - Loader - 500 hours - $15,900

#2 2003 NH TC40D - Loader - Super Steer - 800 hours - $15,900

#3 2000 NH TC35D - Loader - Finish Mower - Box Grader - Bush Hog - Auger - 18ft Hudson Trailer - 834 hours - $15,000

The ability to add a 4in1 bucket or grappler is fairly important as well.
Will be using to clear debris from 10 acres of woods, grade 1 mile dirt road, and move dirt around property for grade changes.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys!

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy! #2  
I would go with choice #3. A well maintained diesel engine with 834 hours is no big deal. Those attachments and trailer cost quite a bit of money if purchased brand new, and they are already matched to the tractor. The money saved with #3 would allow you to "justify the funds" for a HD rear blade for the road work.

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy! #3  
The only real difference between 2 and 3, tractor wise, is the loader capacity. I'll upload the Boomer pamphlet when I get home, but I think it is about a 10% difference. Whether the difference is appreciable depends on how heavy your grapple is.

If you are doing a bunch of loader stuff, the HST is worth a bit more than the "a" series tractor.

Option 3 has a bunch of good, useful stuff.

Good luck.

Chris

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy! #4  
Number 3 looks to be the best option in my opinion because of all of the added equipment that comes with it. Just as the guys have already said, the trailer can get expensive.

When you are considering the tractor alone, option number two would be my personal choice. Supersteer is a very nice option, and a hydrostatic transmission is as well. Especially for the loader work you are planning on doing.

Best of luck on your decision!

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy!
Thanks guys....I guess I should have mentioned that I already have the exact same Hudson trailer but my thoughts were I could sell the one that comes with the tractor for 1500-1800 bucks, thus making option#3 that much cheaper. I don't know why but the super steer option is really speaking to me and so is the extra HP and the 17LA loader vs the 16LA. One thing I have noticed in my searches is a difference in the joystick between some of the models. Some just have a simple black knob like the TC40A I am looking at and others like the other 2 have a more complex looking joystick with buttons. Can someone also explain this? Would this have anything at all to do with adding the grapple bucket? Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input. I have everyone lined up to go pick up my new tractor this Monday....can't wait. Just need to decide!!

One more bit of info...not sure if it matters or not. The 03 TC40D also has a SS QT Bucket. ??? It does appear to be a little different from the one on the 35D.

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy! #8  
That fancy joystick is for the 4 speed hydrostatic transmission controls. I do not believe that it replaces the need for an additional remote for the grapple. I would not worry about 5HP. The hydraulic pumps on all three models' engines have the same gpm flow. The cycle times on the FEL's are essentially the same, the lift heights and digging depths are similar. I would not worry about 5HP for this range of tractors.

That fancy joystick is for the 4 speed hydrostatic transmission controls. I do not believe that it replaces the need for an additional remote for the grapple. I would not worry about 5HP. The hydraulic pumps on all three models' engines have the same gpm flow. The cycle times on the FEL's are essentially the same, the lift heights and digging depths are similar. I would not worry about 5HP for this range of tractors.

Aaahh, good info. Thank you!!

/ HELP!! Trying to decide which tractor to buy! #10  
Guys....I need advice from some people in the know. I am buying a new to me tractor and have decided on a NH and have narrowed it down to 3 specific machines and can't decided between them. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#1 2005 NH TC40A - Loader - 500 hours - $15,900

#2 2003 NH TC40D - Loader - Super Steer - 800 hours - $15,900

#3 2000 NH TC35D - Loader - Finish Mower - Box Grader - Bush Hog - Auger - 18ft Hudson Trailer - 834 hours - $15,000

The ability to add a 4in1 bucket or grappler is fairly important as well.
Will be using to clear debris from 10 acres of woods, grade 1 mile dirt road, and move dirt around property for grade changes.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys!

#3 looks like your getting alot for your money,if thats a 4x4 hydro.tractor it sales for almost 15 itself...Everthing in great shape?