3-Point Hitch lynch pin help

/ lynch pin help #1  

bironacad

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 3045/2010
I was blowing snow and heard the PTO start to chatter and looked down to see that a Lynch pin came off allowing the blower to slide off one lift arm. This has happened on my bush hog twice and now the SB. This bends ***** and makes me a little less then jovial. I could use some suggestions for alternatives to the TSC and Princess auto's Lynch pins.

Thanks

Attachments

• lynch pins.jpg
    lynch pins.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 494
   / lynch pin help #2  
Get the high powered black ones. But look out for them. They will bite you both opening and closing them.

/ lynch pin help #3  
I wire tie mine so they don't come loose when I use the blower

/ lynch pin help #4  
there are some that you must squeeze together before opening. I bought mine a while back at the JD deeler. They are more secure. But wire will work, just not as easy or clean.

/ lynch pin help #6  
Short Game said:
Get the high powered black ones. But look out for them. They will bite you both opening and closing them.

The black ones are tough. I have never had one of those come off even in terrible thick bushhogging jobs. And yes they will pinch the snot outta your fingers!

/ lynch pin help #7  
I use the ones from Princess Auto & lost 6 of them skidding out firewood logs before I started ty-wrapping them on.

/ lynch pin help #8  
If in brush I would use the black heavy duty lynch pins and then a zip tie. You can get about 200 of them for a couple dollars. That would last a lot of years and they are easy. That would help from twigs or branches from getting behind the ring and popping them open.

/ lynch pin help #9