Loader Kubota quick attach - SSQA ???

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #1  

redsox1

Silver Member
Tractor
L3800 HST
I have the LA524 FEL w/ quick attach bucket. Is this the same thing as the SSQA (skid steer quick attach) standard or is it some proprietary Kubota standard. I'd like to get pallet forks but need to know if I can go SSQA which gives me almost unlimited choices. I know I can call the dealer I purchased the tractor from tomorrow but figured this would be an easy question for the TBN folks out there.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #2  
I have the LA524 FEL w/ quick attach bucket. Is this the same thing as the SSQA (skid steer quick attach) standard or is it some proprietary Kubota standard. I'd like to get pallet forks but need to know if I can go SSQA which gives me almost unlimited choices. I know I can call the dealer I purchased the tractor from tomorrow but figured this would be an easy question for the TBN folks out there.

Yes you are good to go with SSQA

James K0UA

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #3  
Yep, they are the same standard pattern. Just try to keep the forks under 400 lbs weight so you don't lose too much lift capacity. A lot of SS forks are very heavy as they are made for much larger loads than your FEL can lift.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ???
Thanks for the good info, I'm leaning towards the Bradco, either 42" or 48 ", they are rated for 2K which should be fine for my needs.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #5  
There's a company that is a sponsor here, I think palletfork.com (you can find a sticky in the attachment section) that looks to have a pretty nice set of forks for a reasonable price. I haven't bought from them so I can't say if they are good or not, some others here have bought from them though. This spring I'm thinking of getting a set and they are high on the list to look at. If you buy a set please let me know where you got them and how you like them.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #6  
Thanks for the good info, I'm leaning towards the Bradco, either 42" or 48 ", they are rated for 2K which should be fine for my needs.

While the 48" forks may sound like they could do more, they really can't. Anything very heavy should be handled as close to the fork frame as possible - huge logs, etc. So the extra 6" out on the end is not useful.

Further, it doesn't increase lifting ability at all.

Then when dumping a log it rolls off of the end of the long forks and puts a great deal of leverage on the tip. Sometimes enough to tilt the tractor on its nose unless a lot of counterweight is used.

The long forks tend to be a bit too long and limits clearance in turns just enough to be annoying in tight spaces.

My dealer had 48" forks on his personal tractor and changed them out to 42" ones. I bought mine in 42" length and they have been perfect.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ???
Thanks GW, I was thinking the longer forks would be useful for brush pile work, but you make some very good points. I keep a BH on most of the time so longer forks would make manuevering in the woods tricky w/ such a long footprint.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #8  
While the 48" forks may sound like they could do more, they really can't. Anything very heavy should be handled as close to the fork frame as possible - huge logs, etc. So the extra 6" out on the end is not useful.

Further, it doesn't increase lifting ability at all.

Then when dumping a log it rolls off of the end of the long forks and puts a great deal of leverage on the tip. Sometimes enough to tilt the tractor on its nose unless a lot of counterweight is used.

The long forks tend to be a bit too long and limits clearance in turns just enough to be annoying in tight spaces.

My dealer had 48" forks on his personal tractor and changed them out to 42" ones. I bought mine in 42" length and they have been perfect.

+1 42 is plenty for our size of tractors.. and I use mine for brush moving sometimes too. I have the everything attachments (construction attachments brand) of forks.

James K0UA

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #9  
+2, we use 48", but on much bigger tractors and we don't keep them on when not in use, they stick out pretty far and the power is pretty weak at the tip.

/ Kubota quick attach - SSQA ??? #10  
There's a company that is a sponsor here, I think palletfork.com (you can find a sticky in the attachment section) that looks to have a pretty nice set of forks for a reasonable price. I haven't bought from them so I can't say if they are good or not, some others here have bought from them though. This spring I'm thinking of getting a set and they are high on the list to look at. If you buy a set please let me know where you got them and how you like them.

I got mine from them ... very good set of forks and very good folks to deal with. I think they are offering free shipping.