2011 Cub Cadet Tank L60

/ 2011 Cub Cadet Tank L60 #1  

InniMan

Tractor
Cub Cadet 2550
My dealer has a few of last years model(2011) at a discounted price. I was in the market for a new tractor for mowing about 2.5 acres but, Cub hadn't crossed my mind. The price is so good I'm taking it under serious consideration. Anyone out there own a 2011 Tank? Is it a reliable machine? Does it have trouble in wet grass? Please share what you know . Thanks!

/ 2011 Cub Cadet Tank L60 #2  
Don't own an 11, but own a 2007 M72 tank with the diesel. From my limited experience with it, it is a mowing stallion.:laughing::thumbsup: You can mow very fast and really cut down mowing time.
Very reliable and built like a ....well.....tank. :laughing:
Not the best on the slopes I have though, and it's spent most of the time in the garage. I bought it for a house we WERE going to build which will have a huge lawn, not that build is in question....actually doubtful at least for a few more years.
For wet grass, it's OK but will tear up the grass a bit if you do a 180 spin on a dime. Just have to exercise a little caution.

I'll probably be selling my M72 this spring......hate to, but not using it enough. I'll probably need it right after I sell it..... :(

/ 2011 Cub Cadet Tank L60 #4  
If memory serves me correct, the L series has a few less features than the M series tanks but still runs the same hydro pumps and motors... which is a good thing. For your situation it should serve you well, plus you can always add a suspension seat later if needed.

/ 2011 Cub Cadet Tank L60 #6  
That's a nice heavy-duty zero turn. Separate pump & wheel motor drive. Heavy deck & hanger hardware etc. At ~1100lbs, traction shouldn't be too big a problem, but like anything, you have to take it easier on wet grass to avoid a mess.

I owned a Z-Force 44" fab for two seasons and enjoyed it, but found my Cub 2544 to be more comfortable for the conditions I had at the time; Hilly and bumpy.

The Tank is bigger, wider, heavier and has much more allowable up/down movement of the deck, so it's a better machine than a Z-Force.

ServeImage.aspx

Joel