Goossen vac cart on side of the road

/ Goossen vac cart on side of the road #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills
12/3

Running down the road yesterday, I saw this Goossen vac cart unit, marked model RK1. Does anyone recognize it/know anything about it? I did write to Goossen so they may respond, too.

Picture attached!

Thanks,
J

/ Goossen vac cart on side of the road #2  
Jim,
I shall be interested in your information that you come up with and
maybe the company can fit my needs with a different model.

Just don't tell me the purchase price until I have 5 cups of coffee....okay. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Goossen vac cart on side of the road
12/4

Thomas they not cheep, and coffee or not I am going to bed, more to come on this....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

J

1/7

Thomas, here is Gossen's unhelpful IMHO reply to my request for info on that unit (sorry it took so long for me to get back here):

"Jim:

Thank you for your inquiry. We still manufacture a version of this vacuum that is far superior to the one you have pictured. The price ranges from $13,000 to $18,0000. Our dealer in your area for these products is G.L. Cornell, Inc. Their phone number is (800) 333-8699

Please contact me if you have further questions."

I had asked:
" Could I trouble you for some information on your RK1 product, particularly the one pictured in the attachments?

The selling price (or best est), general specs, age estimate for the one in the picture, etc, would be a big help. Can it be adapted for PTO drive for the vac as well? Is an aux hose available for it and at what price? Where is your nearest dealer to Richmond, VA (Is Swift Tractor in Oilville, 23129, still your dealer)? Are parts still available or are most items off the shelf generic, etc?
Many thanks for your time!"
---------------
j

/ Goossen vac cart on side of the road #5  
Jim,
Thanks for the info,and I shall check it out.

/ Goossen vac cart on side of the road #6  
That was a very lame response to your questions! Do they actually think you would buy a new one after giving you information like that?!!
Some companies need to wake up when it comes to customer service---even potenitial customers.
Gordon

/ Goossen vac cart on side of the road #7  
Jim,

I agree that the mfg's response was a little abrupt, considering your clear questions.

To give them the benefit of the doubt (people don't always manage to express well-what they are thinking) maybe he meant to imply that the dealer (whose number he gave you) could answer your questions.

If so, it would still have been better if he had said so plainly.

Good luck... I have not always found that dealers know much about some of the products they sell either. When a dealer starts reading to me from a brochure I can read myself, and has nothing to add to what it says, I start looking for another place to go for info.

Larry

1/7

Tells one a bit about after sale support, too. Seems that the slim possibility of my buying new (and the fact that I took an interest in such a unit should give him an estimate of that likelihood) was more important than being truly helpful.

Agrimetal anyone? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

J

Attachments

• 5-27203-01114608_Agri_Vac.jpg
    5-27203-01114608_Agri_Vac.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 179
   / Goossen vac cart on side of the road #9  
jgh,
Indeed that looks like a well built unit,and I'm not going to ask about the cost.
I'm kinda looking for a model in lower height also thats able to pick up acorns..apples..pine cones.

Does this company have a catalog etc..with different models etc...