TAKING BACKHOE OFF

/ TAKING BACKHOE OFF #1  

blkdaze

Tractor
2007 kioti ck30
I HAVE A 2007 KIOTI CK 30H.HOW HARD ISIT TO TAKE THE BACKHOE ATTACHMENT OFF.I NEED TO PUT A TILLER ON IT.ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT?LET ME KNOW.

/ TAKING BACKHOE OFF #2  
It isn't very hard to take it off. The hydralic hoses are short so you don't have much play room. Put the landing gear down as well as the backhoe forming a tripod. Slightly lift the backhoe up with the landing gear to take pressure off the lever, swing the lever to release the top mounts of the backhoe and then lift the backhoe up by slightlyt lowering the landing gear a little more which will release the lower mounts of the backhoe.

You can now pull ahead a few inches with the tractor and then disconnect the hydralics from the backhoe.

Prior to moving you should block up underneath the backhoe because this will help getting it back on. Level ground will make it much easier as well.

You will also have to move a valve on the hydralics to avoid deadheading them with the backhoe disconnected. The valve is located just in front and below your right foot when you are sitting on the tractor.

If you need more help just PM me.

/ TAKING BACKHOE OFF #3  
I put colored tape on both the hoses and tractor fittings so you will remember which one goes on which when you reconnect. In pic #2 & 3 while it doesn't show there is colored tape on the hoses. On my 2008 CK35 I switch the lever position from A to N, (see pic #1 for location). You MUST change this other wise you could damage your hydraulic pump. In the almost 4 years I have my tractor and backhoe I have probably taken on and put back the backhoe 25-35? times. Sometimes when putting it back on it can be a bit difficult to line up properly. As EHR suggested, use a nice level area to take it off. I do use blocks under mine as well.

Attachments

• KiotiLever 001.jpg
    KiotiLever 001.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 670DecemberPics 065.jpg
    670DecemberPics 065.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 670DecemberPics 105.JPE
    670DecemberPics 105.JPE
    14.9 KB · Views: 233
   / TAKING BACKHOE OFF #4  
Taking it off is a little easier than putting it on being that you don't have to line things up. It took me about 20 minutes the first time but now I can do it in less than 10. I do block it as mentioned at three points. That will keep it in a nice position for when you go and put it back on. The stabilyzer legs and the boom will allow you to lift or lower and tilt the bh left to right or front to back in any direction you need. And to remind you of what Mousefield advised, when the hoses are disconnected from the QDs, put the remote lever in the "N" position or you will be deadheading the hyd fluid and damage the pump. A half a minute or less won't be a problem, just don't leave it to long without being moved to N.

/ TAKING BACKHOE OFF #5  
Ditto what the guys said but I also bought short hydraulic hose extensions and it makes a HUGE difference. I can take it off or put it on in literally 3 minutes.

Just go slow the first few times and use the stabilizers like the fellas said.

/ TAKING BACKHOE OFF #6  
Ditto what the guys said but I also bought short hydraulic hose extensions and it makes a HUGE difference. I can take it off or put it on in literally 3 minutes.

Just go slow the first few times and use the stabilizers like the fellas said.
===========

My dealer made up a short length of hose for me to provide for a loop between both empty rear remote ports once the backhoe hoses are removed. That way, should you accidentally hit that switch which will pressurize that "A" loop w/o relief you are protected. If you pressurize without a relief loop it is called "deadheading" the hydraulic system with no backhoe for relief which damages the pump.

As discussed, You will be able to unhook easier than hook back up. I have a concrete floor to drop my backhoe off so I place it on furniture dollies. That allows for some movement for easy reinstallation of backhoe to tractor because allignment is so important.

rim

Attachments

• backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 322
  • backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
   / TAKING BACKHOE OFF #7  
i don't really car if it's leveled or not when i take it off......
I back up close enough to connect the hydraulics,
then ,i use the hydraulics, to level it , back-up some more and voila !:)

It's so simple ....... takes about 2 minutes to remove, 5 minutes to install

/ TAKING BACKHOE OFF #8  
You will care if it is not level when the bucket weeps down and the under mount is three feet in the air and you cannot back the tractor over the under mount to get close enough to use the hydraulics. Then it is time to get the farm jack out to level things. AS mentioned earlier, get some extensions made for the hydraulic lines and you will be able to use the hydraulics to level it with the tractor before you have to back over the under mount.