Jerky hydraulics

/ Jerky hydraulics #1  

Omunson

Tractor
Hitachi ex75ur
I have an excavator and the other day I blew a hose. I changed the hose and kept working for an hour. I did not think I lost a lot of fluid but I was low about 5 gallons. The excavator holds 33 gallons.
I added the appropriate amount of fluid and now my hydraulics are jerky. I know I should have done that at the start but it was working good until I added more fluid. What do I do now and what would cause this? I am not sure the type of fluid that was in the machine before but I did use a recommended type.

/ Jerky hydraulics #2  
I have an excavator and the other day I blew a hose. I changed the hose and kept working for an hour. I did not think I lost a lot of fluid but I was low about 5 gallons. The excavator holds 33 gallons.
I added the appropriate amount of fluid and now my hydraulics are jerky. I know I should have done that at the start but it was working good until I added more fluid. What do I do now and what would cause this? I am not sure the type of fluid that was in the machine before but I did use a recommended type.

If the hose is running a cylinder, maybe there is air trapped in the system from the new hose being full of air. My home made loader does this. I know it's because of air in the system, though.