Kubota M8560 and the M9960

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #1  

John Paul

Tractor
Massey Ferguson and John Deere
I did a search on here and didn't see a thread started about these new tractors but does anyone have a clue when these two new models might be available for sale? It appears that the M8560 and M9960 will be a little more beefier than the M8540 and M9540 that they are replacing so I'm intrigued since I'm in the market for a new tractor. Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #2  
Haven't heard anything about them. What is beefier?

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960
Haven't heard anything about them. What is beefier?

IT appears they might be addressing the "light in the rear" that people sometimes comment about with these models. Again some speculation but it appears the dry weight of each tractor is about 1500# more than the older models they are replacing. I saw a spec sheet somewhere online but didn't know if these were maybe 2013 sell dates for these two?

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960
Kubota also Introduces the M8560 and the M9960 Tractor at the Farm Machinery Show

"The Grand X isn’t the only new M-Series tractor in the field: Kubota also introduced the M8560 and M9960 at the Farm Machinery Show, adding strength, comfort and efficiency to its M-Series. Designed to deliver powerful, clean and economical performance, the M8560 boasts 76 PTO horsepower and the M9960 boasts 89 PTO horsepower and a newly-designed 4-cylinder Common Rail System diesel engine that produces clean emissions also meets Interim Tier IV EPA regulations. These are available with 2-or-4-wheel-drive with hydraulic shuttle standard and three transmission options. Other features include a curved upper windshield, rounded glass and conveniently-designed levers and electric switches for optimal comfort and visibility, ideal for long days in the field."

Little tidbit from online.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #5  
I think shipments start in 2-3 months.

If there is a weight difference, I would not know why. Its really an update for Teir 4. I'd buy an M9540 if you can still find one.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #7  
I can always add weight to my 8540 if needed.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #8  
I can always add weight to my 8540 if needed.

I was thinking the same with our M8540 as well - haven't had a "light rear end" issue to date. Seems fine for what we do - 95% loader work.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #9  
I just took a look at that brochure. Nice machine. The 24x24 transmission would be the cats meow! Nicely spec'd and packaged.

/ Kubota M8560 and the M9960 #10  
Specs of the engine appear identical to the Caterpillar 3.8 engine that is built by Kubota to Caterpillar specifications so is this the Caterpillar 3.8 engine built by Kubota to Kubota specifications? Gotta love this age where when you start dissing the other guy's equipment you are dissing your own. Assuming I am right on the engine heritage and knowing how the Cat 3.8 has been doing owners of these new Kubotas will pay a higher price up front but get it paid back in better fuel economy and improved performance. Time will tell.