case 446

/ case 446 #1  

gertlincoln

Tractor
Case 446
Hello all, I just purchased a case 446 Hydriv. I am wondering if there is a 3 point system available with a PTO for this unit

/ case 446 #2  
A hydraulic pto is optional on those. The main pump on the tractor runs a hydraulic motor on whatever impliment you have. I have seen tillers that work this way. What kind of impliment where you hoping to put on the tractor?

/ case 446 #6  
Case offered the H-26 3 pt hitch initially and then followed that up with the J-26 hitch. There were two early hitches but both had single-acting cylinders on them and that makes them less desirable to everyone except collectors looking for the "correct" hitch for a 1969 or 1970 400 Series.

There are several versions of hydraulic rear PTO kits that will work on your tractor however, some of these came with steel lines that may not be long enough or have the correct bends in them to hook up. That problem is solved by sealing the ends of the steel lines and storing them away for now but replacing them with 1/2" diameter hydraulic hose with a minimum working pressure rating of 3000 PSI.

Used H and J hitches often bring $350.00 to $500.00 on e-Bay when in an auction and being chased by several bidders.

Used PTO's will bring $100.00 to $200.00 on e-Bay depending on how complete they are. A true kit means the valve, mounting bracket, steel lines, hardware and fittings. Just the valve and mounting bracket will bring less.