Purchase price of X530

/ Purchase price of X530 #1  

Willies1

Tractor
x530
Evening Gents,
I am getting closer to purchasing a new X530 from a local JD dealer in New Hampshire but am unclear on their best price quote. I plan on purchasing a bagger as well. I also plan on renting a tiller to redo our 1 acre yard. Do any of you have experience on recent 'good deals' or homework of using one dealer against another to get a good deal?

/ Purchase price of X530
Evening Gents,
I am getting closer to purchasing a new X530 from a local JD dealer in New Hampshire but am unclear on their best price quote. I plan on purchasing a bagger as well. I also plan on renting a tiller to redo our 1 acre yard. Do any of you have experience on recent 'good deals' or homework of using one dealer against another to get a good deal?
Also, any recommendations on a tiller attachment for a mower this size would help me out. I bet it's better to just rent one rather than buy one then sell it later.

/ Purchase price of X530 #3  
Hiya,

Maybe you should be looking at what dealer is best for you rather than concentrating on price. There are 3 or 4 Deere dealers within reasonable distance from Bedford. The difference in price is going to be less than 2% on a lawn/garden tractor, that amount will be long forgot in the years that the equipment will run. Make sure you choose a dealer that will listen to you needs and guide you to the right equipment. That alone is worth the 2% difference in price.

As far as tilling a 1 acre yard to redo the lawn, make sure you understand grading and proper dranage techniques as you may find yourself in a wet situation when it rains or we have a good snow melt. Sometimes it's better to farm the job out to a pro. If you do know the proper methods, I would rent a large CUT with a tiller for a weekend rather than buy a tiller for the 530. One, the 530 tiller is more than the rental of the large machine and 2, it will sit for years unused until you decide to redo the lawn again, which will be never.

If you want my opnion of local NH dealers PM me and I'll tell you my experences.

Tom

/ Purchase price of X530 #4  
Well there are a few dealers that are close to me. One was 20 miles a way and one is 2 miles away. The one that was 20 miles away was over $1000 off list. The one close by was $300 off. Using the quote from the farther dealer, i was able to negotiate with the closer dealer. I paid slightly more than if I would I bought from the farther dealer but the service and proximity of the closer dealer was more important than the slight cost difference. I've used the dealer a couple of times for a few small issues (bent rim, and a few other minor warranty issues with the sprayer I bought) and let me tell you it was well worth it to buy close. My salesman was great to deal with and he remembers my name whoever I come in. He made sure my issues were taken care of (he even replaced the sprayer handle that broke himself). I'll definitely be buying all my equipment from him in the future. So yes price is important BUT its not the only thing that is important. Service after the sale is just as important in my opinion. Of course, if the two dealers would have stayed $700 apart, I may feel differently. :)