Buying Advice B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63"

/ B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63" #1  

fordkub

Tractor
Kubota B2620
I know spring is almost here but I need some information and help. I am looking at purchasing a B2920 and would like to put the 63" front mount blower on it for the next snow season but the dealer says no. Kubota doesnt recommend it. I believe it will hook up to the same subframe as the 51" which is recommend for that tractor. Dealer gave me the horse power and size story. So what is the difference between the 2920 and 2630. The B2781[51"] and B2782[63"] are both listed for the 2630. The 2630 carries less horse power. Boro stroke and displaecment are all most identical for these two tractors.I must be missing something so I need some help with this. Thanks for any information you can give.

/ B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63" #2  
I am running the 2920 with the big blower and love it. No problems. I've had it for two winters and have blown a foot of hard packed Montana snow without any hesitation. I haven't even broke a sheer pin. The dealer had no problems with the commercial blower on the 2920. He ran out of the 51" blowers and checked with all of his mechanics and they said there would be no issues with the larger unit. Just spray it regularly with Fluid Film so the snow won't stick.

Just do it

Mike

/ B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63" #3  
I'm with mcrimm. The 2782 will go onto the same subframe, no problem. The 2920 has a shorter wheelbase than the 30 series tractors, which may make the back end a little lighter on the 2920, but I can't forsee any real problems. Your tractor will definitely have enough HP to make the blower happy. The 2782 is a more stout blower.... you will love it. Don't listen to your dealer....... do it ! :thumbsup:

/ B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63" #4  
It will work, but I have been able to bog down the 51" B2781A. I wouldn't want anything bigger on my 2620.

/ B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63"
Thanks for the info.With operator commonsense I didnt think there would be any problem. The tractor and blower I was looking at were used. Tractor was private with 67hrs and blower was at a dealer. Price for just the blower with no sub frame or drive shafts was 3200.00 list price on Kubota web site is 3114 without any extras. The dealer price seems way high based on the web price. Since I would have add extras to the tractor and blower I am know looking at pricing out a package deal from Barlows. Priced out a tractor with less attachments and they beat any dealer in my area with the same setup by a couple k. Seems like new in a package is a better move then used and piecing it together.

/ B2782 Front Mount Snowblower 63" #6  
I think Kubota just defaults to what RAD (the snow blower mfg) tells them. I think they err on the side of caution just in case some fool thinks his 15hp Kubota should be able to blow snow out of his front mount 72" blower at 20 mph. In the real world you can go at the correct speed and if the snow is real deep stop.

My 4240 is the smallest GL that Kubota recommends for a 72" front mount. However the only problems I've ever had in deep snow is that it'll start to push the snow like a plow because only so much snow can get into the impeller area. Power has never been an issue.