Oil & Fuel oil filters, and fuel filters.

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #1  

accordionman

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA L3000DT, FEL.
HELLO TO ALL,
other than my local dealer, can anyone tell me the best, (cheapest)
place to buy these filters.
thanks.
accordionman
william l. brown

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #2  
The best price I found was tractorsmart. All of the filters (2 fuel, air, transmission) delivered via ups was just shy of $60 for genuine Kubota parts.
Took less than one week for delivery

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #3  
A lot of people get non-Kubota filters (at least for oil and transmission - not sure about fuel) and save a fair amount of $$$. I am lazy and just get them from my dealer - I've looked at TractorSmart and they are pretty reasonable but my dealer doesn't mark up parts too much. I pay about the same there as I would online for most stuff. It does mean I have to drive over there, but it is a short trip for me.

You might check out the "lubricants" forum, though, and search for filters. There are less expensive (and potentially better filters - the grade of the elements is discussed in great detail in some threads /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) options.

And then you can start worrying about the type of oil and hydraulic fluid to use /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif... That is a whole other area to worry about /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif...

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #4  
I also must say I have been getting them from the local dealer for two reasons. First, my tractor is still under warrantee and I do not want to give any cause for questioning the brand of both oil and filter used.

Secondly, I walked out of the store with both oil and filter for just under $20.00, and it was the brand oil I would have used not Kubota brand oil.

Randy

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #5  
<font color="blue"> my tractor is still under warrantee and I do not want to give any cause for questioning the brand of both oil and filter used.
</font>

Gotta agree with this point, too. I'm out of warranty (by quite a ways), so this didn't occur to me. But the last thing you need if you have some horrible failure is to have either the dealer or corporate blame it on your choice of filter. Big warranty work can be hard enough to get done without that kind of hassle.

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #6  
   / oil filters, and fuel filters.
SOARKREBEL,
i was on the wix website, but the menu did not have
my tractor (L3000DT) listed. i sent them an e-mail, but
have not heard from them other than to tell me they got
my contact e-mail.
accordionman
william l. brown

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #9  
I have an L2500 DT and wix makes an oil filter for it but it did take him a few minutes to find it. Haven't bought fuel from there yet........

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #10  
Hey accordianman
ok your oil filter OEM p/n# is 70000-74035. if you go to napa and give them pn#51311 they will give you a wix filter. funny it's the same filter used on many volvos.
you can find this by going to tractorsmart and looking up parts for the L3000dt and get the pn# then go to wix site and cross reference it to a wix. here are some links.
http://www.tractorsmart.com/mall/dynamic-results3.asp

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/ResultsExact.asp?PartNo=7000074035

if you hit all applications it gives you a full list. i guess you could go to auto zone and get a filter for a volvo on the list and it would work.
i know some people are going to freak at the thought but it will work.

for air filters you need to go to baldwins site. http://www.baldwinfilter.com/catalog.html

a baldwin # PA-3792 is the air filter for our tractors.

i found a distr. that sells baldwin in my area for like $13 @ piece.
alot cheaper than kubota.
good luck.