3-Point Hitch hydraulic problems on 2030

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #1  

ARno1

Tractor
john deere 2030
My three point will raise VERY slowly. If I run the loader at the same time the three point will raise normal. I have a JD 2030 with independant PTO the shaft between the shifter and no reverser or shift transmission. It is standard 8 speed forward 4 reverse. The previous owner also said the 3 point would stall in heavy grass. I just bought the tractor and do not know the condition of the PTO. Thanks

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #2  
:welcome:
Not sure of what the problem might be.

I don't understand what is taking place when you said "the 3 point would stall in heavy grass" ??

A little more discussion and maybe we can figure it out.

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #3  
Welcome to TBN, ARno1. So, it's a standard collar shift tranny; no reverser and no rabbit/turtle, either.

The pto engagement is located between the transmission shift levers at the base of the steering column, right?

If I understand your other problem(s); the pto doesn't always work as the the engine will stall (or the pto will stall - clutch slips) in heavy grass when mowing -- is that correct?

And the 3pt lift doesn't always work as it should, either? The lift arms won't always raise or you have to engage the front loader to get the 3pt arms to raise -- is that one of the problems, too?

AKfish

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #4  
3pt slowness in raising is caused from a leaking loader control valve(operating loader valve temporarily blocks leakage). If loader control valve is an ind spool valve I'd suspect it's either an open-center valve or a valve with a blown o-ring that converts it to closed center. Remove loader valve return hose from tractor,crank engine with both valve levers in neutral and if oil flows out return hose you've found one problem. If pto slows down with mower in tall grass then ind pto clutch is slipping. Check clutch psi(165) on trans top cover under metal cover gearshift levers protrude through.

/ hydraulic problems on 2030
I have only been told about the PTO problem and have not had any equipment hooked up to it to experience the problem first hand. I mentioned the problem in case it could be related to my three point raising slowly (until I use the loader). I was told that when the pto stalls it has no affect on engine RPM. AKFISH all of your assumptions are correct. I will test the loader control valve and clutch PSI as Tx Jim suggests. I am in Texas this week and will work on the tractor next week. I GREATLY appreciate the help and I will let you know what I find. I have heard of cracked lines to the PTO clutch. If PSI is ok, what is most likely suspect and if PSI is low what would be most likely? Thanks again.

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #6  
If pressure is OK, then the cllutch disks are probably worn out. If pressure is low, The a cracked oil line, clutch piston seals, or sealing rings on clutch drum are probably worn.

One other item to consider on the three point hitch, a couple of times I have seen a weak spring on the linkage under rockshaft housing to be the cause. The spring(#1) needs enough tension to pull open the pressure(raise) valve.

Attachments

• RWP5044________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP5044________UN01JAN94.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 855
I appreciate the help what is the best way to test the spring pressure.

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #8  
My 2030 has the independent PTO. The line to the clutch pack cracked. When the PTO was engaged, no other hydraulics would work, all flow was going to sump from the broken line. Turn the PTO off and hydraulics worked. I had to split the tractor to repair :(

/ hydraulic problems on 2030 #9  
I appreciate the help what is the best way to test the spring pressure.

To test the spring in the photo the rockshaft housing will require to be removed. I suggest testing loader valve first as that's much easier.

I unhooked my loader hydraulics and the three point functioned properly. Now, my question is if the spool valve is serviceable or not? I could not test the pto, because the only pto implement I have is a snowblower. Could the bad spool valve cause low hyd pressure at the PTO clutch?