Your best power equipment for the $$?

/ Your best power equipment for the $$? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Last night I was using my Karcher power washer for probably the 300th car wash since I purchased it in mid-2003. It was a $100 clearance item at the local Meijers, a 1600 psi model, and because of past experiences with low priced electric pressure washers I thought I would get two or three years out of this one. Aside from the car washes I use it for deck and siding cleaning, and a number of other tasks. My neighbors and relatives borrow it frequently and yet still, it performs flawlessly. For the cost and reliability, considering how much use it has given me, no other power equipment I have purchased comes close to this Karcher.

Share your stories if you have an item that has given exceptional service for the price you paid.

/ Your best power equipment for the $$? #2  
We use Karcher industrial equipment where I work and they are pretty much bullet proof. I also have a consumer model Karcher sprayer at home and haven't had any issues with it. Have an old "Weed Eater" blower that I paid around 70 bucks for years ago and it is still going strong...:)

/ Your best power equipment for the $$?
Industrial I can understand having a long service life, but for a $100 cheapo homeowner model to give this kind of service amazes me. I have had other electric PW such as C-H, Craftsman, etc. that cost more than this Karcher did yet only lasted a third as long.

/ Your best power equipment for the $$? #4  
I have a Troy bilt mower I bought out of a guys woods for $25. he said it didn't run and has been sitting for 5 plus years. I got it home and spent 2 hours cleaning and lubricating the starter and presto it ran. Have been using it for 3 years now with no problems.

/ Your best power equipment for the $$? #5  
I have a 3,500 watt generator i bought used at an equipment auction in or around 1985 for $100.

I still use it. it runs like a champ. I store it with non-ethanol fuel and stabilizer. Starts after 3-4 pulls no matter how long its been sitting.

Its a Coleman brand generator. 120/240 volt and runs like a champ.

/ Your best power equipment for the $$? #6  
Probably a tie between a number of pieces that have given ridiculous amounts of service:1986 honda generator, never needed anything and still starts on the first pull, 1983 jonsered saw, still runs better than my newer saws, 1986 john deere tractor - still runs great and hasnt been babbied, its been used hard and never broke down and a 1980s jd string trimmer