No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres.

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #1  

CAgnoli

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3940 HST-3
My L3940 won't be here until the 28th of April, and my grass is awful tall. I'm taking a break from mowing the grass with a Cub Cadet 33" walk behind.

Good workout I guess!

Learned one thing, I NEED my tractor:thumbsup:

Made me wonder, what's the most you've ever push mowed?

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #2  
My L3940 won't be here until the 28th of April, and my grass is awful tall. I'm taking a break from mowing the grass with a Cub Cadet 33" walk behind.

Good workout I guess!

Learned one thing, I NEED my tractor:thumbsup:

Hard to tell as growing up, I push mowed our fence lines to keep the grass and weeds of the electric fence, both sides, so all I know is it was a LOT.

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #3  
Just over 3 acreas on a regular basis. Growing up we only had a 19" Toro push mower to work with.

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #4  

Good Afternoon CAgnoli,
I push mowed a little over 3 acres, on the left side of my drive once, and only once ! ;):)

Good luck with your new machine, it will be much easier !!! :)

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #5  
My dad made me cut 35 acres with a reaper and no shoes...:laughing:

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #6  
My brother and I took turns. We mowed every day, some. Had to. 22" push mower and 3 or 4 acres of lawn, "ball field", orchards, long country drive way and grandma's acre next door.

Relentless. 14 or 15 years of it. No wonder I love riding mowers. :D

Interesting thing was that when I went off to work/college and my brother off to Viet Nam with the Corp, suddenly my dad magically got a riding mower.

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #7  
Until we got the BX, my dad mowed the entire property with a 48" walk-behind...

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #8  
I mow 3 1/2 acres with a scag 52" walk behind. Takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. not a push mower but still a good workout'

Jeff

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres.
Bad news....Looks like I won't have my tractor for another week.....and the way my grass is growing, I"ll have to bush hog the **** yard when if finallly gets here!

On another note, my first payment is due the 8th of May....I certainly hope I have a tractor before I actually make my first payment.....

/ No L3940 yet -- Push Mowing 6 acres. #10  
Bad news....Looks like I won't have my tractor for another week.....and the way my grass is growing, I"ll have to bush hog the **** yard when if finallly gets here!

On another note, my first payment is due the 8th of May....I certainly hope I have a tractor before I actually make my first payment.....

Our John Deere 2305 went toes up again, so while I was my son's house yesterday with the M8540 and DS1260, I "mowed" his yard; talk about maneuvering in tight spaces.:eek: