suitcase tractor weights

/ suitcase tractor weights #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ suitcase tractor weights #3  
Lowes has 42 pound suitcase weights for $51.00. Welcome aboard. You didn't state what application that you were going to use the weights for.

/ suitcase tractor weights #4  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ suitcase tractor weights #6  
I have three tractors that came with weights and I removed all of them from two of the tractors. After some serious headlights looking at the stars, I kind of wish I could put all of the weights on that one tractor. After all it only has about 1300 pounds sitting on the nose of the tractor and it isn't enough!
All three tractors take completely different weights, not even close to each other, so they aren't interchangable.
David from jax

/ suitcase tractor weights #7  
can cast em out of concrete for cheap!

/ suitcase tractor weights #8  
I just bout some from Tractor Supply, they have to order them. They were about $49.00 a piece, and when they arrived, I found that they were made from heavy plastic coated concreate with metal reinforcements. They area great. I didn't think that I would like them, but they do not rattle, they do not rust, and they are very heavy duty. You can find weights at Homedepot, or Lowes, for about $1-$1.50 a pound. A dealer may be about the same, or a bit more. If you want to save money, get a large ammo can, put bolts through it that will attach to your tractor, and fill it with concrete. You can paint it to match your tractor, or leave it green. It might save you a few hundred dollars.

Mitch

IMG_3588.jpg

/ suitcase tractor weights #9  
why waste the can? use a small bathroom sized garbage can as a from, spray it with a release agent ( pam? ) cut some hole / slots for the mounting bolts to stick out.

use som 8" carriage bolts.. bend them so they are a stiffener and extend into the crete.. use extra wire or rod if needed. use duct tape to seal the form. pour, let set.. pop out.. make another... 2$ form.. no wasted ammo can.. save it for ammo! :)

I pour my own weights.. them paint em black.. looks just like cast iron!

/ suitcase tractor weights #10  
Soundguy,
Thats a great idea, I did use a large ammo can, and I thought that I would need it to hold the concreate together, but that sounds like it will work great. I think that I may try that next, the pam works to get the can off after you pour the concreate? What do you use, quickcrete? Thanks!

Mitch