Weight Box

/ Weight Box #1  

dlockh4258

Tractor
Kubota B2910
I am looking for a place to order a weight box for my Kubota B2910. I am going to get a FEL and I need a weight box for the rear. I do not want to fill my tires because it will add too much weight to the lawn for mowing. Could someone please give me a website for a nice weight box? Thanks

/ Weight Box #3  
dlockh4258,

Have you thought about just getting a boxblade or rear blade that you might be able to use for other applications? You can probably get an entry level unit for just about twice what a weight box will cost, and it'll increase the utility of your tractor.

About the only real benefit of a dedicate weight box is that it generally takes up the least amount of space behind the tractor, so the tractor is very maneuverable. If that's isn't an absolute requirement, look for either a rear blade or boxblade. And the heavier the better. You might be able to pick up used units at an auction for a decent price.

Another idea: 3 pt. carry-all forks, and make a box to fit them filled with concrete or concrete blocks.

Ahhh....it's so much fun to spend other people's money. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Luck,

~Rick

/ Weight Box #4  
If you know anyone that can weld you can make a weight box alot cheaper then you can buy one. I just bought all the 3/16 plate steel I needed to make mine and it cost me $85 sheared to size with two lift arms cut also. My box is 24" wide by 24" high by 18" front to back. My lift arms are 3"x9"x 1/4" plate with a 15/16th hole punched in them with a shear/ hole punch machine. I used 2 1/2 " buy 2 1/2 " angle for the top link hookup. It is alot heavier then the Kubota box and alot wider and deeper. I then made a weight out of a rubbermade 18 gal rectangular storage container that I bought from Lowes Home center for $3.85. Filled that with 3.75 80 lb bags of concrete and placed a half inch piece of rebar bent into a Greek Omega letter shape in the middle as a lifting loop. Worked like a charm, weight about 375lbs with the 2,5 cubic feet of concrete inside. Box and weight together weigh around 475lbs. Nice to make something on your own once in awhile. Total cost weight and box around $105 complete. Bigguy

/ Weight Box #5  
Bigguy,

Any pictures????? I am interested in both your box and the concrete weight.

Thanks in advance.

/ Weight Box #6  
I just saw the new digital cameras available for personal use. The type that are similar to the disposable ones for school trips and such. They return a disc for your computer. What I'm trying to say is I'll buy one take some pictures and copy a disc for you and send it hows that. When I get them I will put a post back on this thread. Bigguy

/ Weight Box #7  
Bigguy,

Thanks, looking forward to them. I also just heard about the Kodak digital disposables. About time that thought of that, I love my digital camera though, and we never use our 35mm anymore.

Thanks,

/ Weight Box #8  
Carry all with a plastic drum filled with 400lbs of sand. Added to the carry all is a drain pipe that holds my breaker bar.