Price Check how much is my Jinma 284 worth

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #1  

Eyme

Tractor
Jinma 284
I am a new tractor owner with a 2007 Jinma 284 4WD with 481 hours. This tractor seems to be a little too complicated for this newbie and the owners manual is useless. Does anyone have any idea how much my tractor would be worth if I wanted to sell it? It has a front loader on it, and may come with some other implements (maybe a brush hog, blade, box scrapper). Just curious.
Thanks in advance.
Eyme
Washougal Washington :)

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #2  
Try the Chinese tractor section of this website and also the CTOA website. It could be that owners there might have a better idea on value.

HTH

Jim

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #3  
Resell value is the main problem with Chinese made products aside from the quality issues sometimes associated with them. Not a lot of folks out there interested in buying a used Chinese tractor with no warranty. The few folks I have seen that have them have had motor problems at really low hours.
Good luck in trying to find a buyer. Someone else got lucky when you bought theirs, you might find another uninformed person to buy it from you.
Aside from that, what info you need to know about the tractors operation should be available on the Chinese tractors TBN forum

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #4  
All the Bigger chinese tractors seem to be very good machines. Some of the older jinmas have a rep for problems and low quality in some aspects. I have bigger fotons and they are very good tractors.
The jinma is a useable machine hang around the chinese tractor board and learn, you may decide to use it.
Otherwise to sell see what a new tractor sells for and ask about half the new price. The fotons have doubled in price from 2005. Im not sure about the jinma. Make sure everything works as it should and let the prospective buyer use it to be comfortable with it. But if you do that you may decide to keep it. Its normal for users on this board to trash other peoples brands or certain models. Its all about what you can get your machine to do 4 you.

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #5  
We have a FarmPro 2420 which is a 2005 Jinma 204. We've had problems with ours and one thing about a chinese tractor. It's a "hobby tractor". They are not for the timid to own. You need to have mechanical skills for them. They will break and will need a ton of adjustments. That is the nature of the machine from China. If you want a maint free machine you'll need to buy new and buy from someone like John Deere or Kubota. There is no free lunch in these things. If you buy cheap you'll get cheap. With that said, I have about 350hrs now on our Farmpro. It works and all we do is to cut grass with it. We've put about 50 or 60 hours a year on it so it does the job. It's cheap on diesel with the junky 2 cyl engine on it and if I run it hard it will overheat. You can put too big of a implement on it (and any other tractor) and have trouble. If you are easy on your equipment it'll work fine (like any thing else). I have found that by keeping up on the maint and changing the fluids regularly and keeping up on broken stuff it works pretty well. There is no local dealer support as they usually just want to sell something and never answered their phone afterwards. Typical for products like these IMO. So there you have it. Good luck with yours. And if you'd go to sell I'd expect to get about 8g's for it as long as nothing is broken on it. Less if it's got problems.

Steve

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #6  
I had a neighbor that bought a 284 in 2003. they abused it and broke something about the front axle and were showing me how it was the same as an older Yenmar about 20 or so years old. They were not internet people and had found that they could get parts thru John Deere. the frame thing they put on was green.

/ how much is my Jinma 284 worth #7  
The Hotline books do not list any values for any Jinma's. Tractorhouse has 4 Jinma's listed, but not your particular model. If you reallly want to sell it, expect to list it lower than any retail price you may find out there. The implements may be more of a draw than the tractor.