Comparison toroz400 vs. husqvarna iz4821

/ toroz400 vs. husqvarna iz4821 #1  

bigworm

Tractor
1940's 2n ford and 1969 ford 3000
Yes another newbie. I am new so please bare with me.I am looking at a used toro z400 with around 1500 hours , 52 inch cut, and a brand new kawasaki 23 hp motor. I am also looking at a used husqvarna iz4821,48 inch cut,21 hp motor,with 311 hours.Both parties asking $3500 with the toro price firm and possible negotiation of price on yhe husky.My question is which would be the best deal? Does anyone have experience with these ztr's ?By the way I have 3 acres to cut with some trees, buildings,flower beds to go around.Not nessacery to do in 1 day.Sorry if I am long winded but I am new here.Thank you.

/ toroz400 vs. husqvarna iz4821 #2  
I would shy away from the Toro with those hours on it. My experience with ZTR mowers is that the hydro systems go out before the motors. I was told when we bought our home owner Gravely 1944 that the hydro motors where only good for 1000 hrs. On the commercial side my shop had a Toro 72" Zmaster with 2000 hrs and we replaced one hydro motor then the next year replaced the pump followed by the other motor a month later. I would go with the husky just because of the lower hours. A new engine means nothing when it costs massive money to replace a hydro system.