Tach works, hour meter does not

/ Tach works, hour meter does not #1  

gerry101

Tractor
2005 Jinma 284 2010 cub cadet ltx1046vt
My 284 now has 299.9 hours showing on the hour meter. It has shown the same reading for at least 6 hrs.

Can anyone direct me on troubleshooting this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a 2005 JM 284 with a cluster type instrument panel.

/ Tach works, hour meter does not #2  
I know you are looking for a easy answer, but on the cluster gauges when the tach is working and the hour meter has stopped the problem is in the circuit board and the complete assembly will need to be replaced, you can also purchase a single hour meter and install it on your dash, we talked about this on the CTOA board, unless you are experienced in tracing electrical circuits you don't have many options.The least expensive is to get the after market meter.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales Co
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Tach works, hour meter does not
Thanks again for the reply. I have not decided what I am going 2 do @ this time.

/ Tach works, hour meter does not
Follow up............

As I was removing the cluster from the tractor. I heard a rattling on the inside of the cluster. I opened the cluster, removed the tach/hour meter and found the capacitor had broken off and rattling around inside the cluster housing. The wires were too short to re-solder. I have a neighbor who is a retired instrumentation engineer that just happened to have a capacitor with the same markings. We soldered the replacement capacitor in place, reassembled the cluster and waa-laa we now have hour meter readings again. I don't know if anyone else has had this same problem, but if you have, you might try this repair.

I have been told that one can purchase this capacitor at your local radio shack. Sure hope this helps someone else.

/ Tach works, hour meter does not #5  
Congratulations!
You got lucky. :thumbsup:
This is a first. :D