Comparison MAX28XL or 3016

/ MAX28XL or 3016 #1  

Tundra

Tractor
Mitsubishi mt250d
I'm having a hard time deciding on a new tractor. (size and brand) What I would like is a tractor that compares to my current Mitsubishi MT250D. It weighs around 2000# and has a 5' FEL. I have 20 acres where I live which I'm always moving dirt, getting firewood, and mowing 3 acres of grass. I also have 100 acres 10 miles away that I am improving for hunting and outdoor recreation. This includes pushing brush, creating foodplots, planting trees, ect... The land has some flat and some fairly steep slopes (250D makes me nervous). I would like to get FEL, BH, Bhog, and either MMM or 3pt FM. After I decide on size, then I think it's either Kubota or Mahindra. Also, my trailer is licenced for 5000#, so would it haul the 3016 with implements or do I have to replace it too? Thanks in advance.

/ MAX28XL or 3016 #2  
I looked at both last week and the max looks like a riding mower on roids. where as the 3016 looks and feels more like a tractor. the 3016 with fel weighs in at about 3300 lbs if you add a bh its around 4500lbs so your trailer should be good. I was looking at the 3016 but the del say 4-6 weeks before i get one. :( but he had several 4010s in stock so i may wait until he gets his money rite and go bigger. good luck.

/ MAX28XL or 3016 #3  
I'm having a hard time deciding on a new tractor. (size and brand) What I would like is a tractor that compares to my current Mitsubishi MT250D. It weighs around 2000# and has a 5' FEL. I have 20 acres where I live which I'm always moving dirt, getting firewood, and mowing 3 acres of grass. I also have 100 acres 10 miles away that I am improving for hunting and outdoor recreation. This includes pushing brush, creating foodplots, planting trees, ect... The land has some flat and some fairly steep slopes (250D makes me nervous). I would like to get FEL, BH, Bhog, and either MMM or 3pt FM. After I decide on size, then I think it's either Kubota or Mahindra. Also, my trailer is licenced for 5000#, so would it haul the 3016 with implements or do I have to replace it too? Thanks in advance.
I agree with buggy art, and would definitely go with the 3016. It has a 3 range HST. I don't use Hi range very often, yet it is there when I need it, like mowing in reverse gear when grass is very high, and I don't want to trample it down with the rear tires before it is cut.