Price Check Mahindra Mid-mount mower

/ Mahindra Mid-mount mower #1  

erikkiehle

Tractor
Mahindra 2810 Gear w/FEL
So I was attending an online auction the other day and didn't look at the picture closely enough. I THOUGHT I was buying a 3pt finish mower. I'm the surprised new owner of a Mahindra Mid-Mount mower deck. It's listed in the auction as a BSMM5606 but I cannot find that part number anywhere online. I guess I'll go pick the sucker up and see if I can weld a 3pt harness to it and adapt it to my needs.

Anyone know what the specs are on this?
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotImageViewer.asp?ahid=5160&aid=51515&lid=13124255&url=19.jpg

Anyone want to buy it from me for your Mahindra? What do these things run new/used? (this one appears to be unused/new or hardly used). Currently located in Abilene, TX. Can deliver to Abilene, DFW area, Waco area, east TX or along I-20 between Abilene, TX and Meridian, MS next month.

/ Mahindra Mid-mount mower #2  
So I was attending an online auction the other day and didn't look at the picture closely enough. I THOUGHT I was buying a 3pt finish mower. I'm the surprised new owner of a Mahindra Mid-Mount mower deck. It's listed in the auction as a BSMM5606 but I cannot find that part number anywhere online. I guess I'll go pick the sucker up and see if I can weld a 3pt harness to it and adapt it to my needs.

Anyone know what the specs are on this?
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotImageViewer.asp?ahid=5160&aid=51515&lid=13124255&url=19.jpg

Anyone want to buy it from me for your Mahindra? What do these things run new/used? (this one appears to be unused/new or hardly used). Currently located in Abilene, TX. Can deliver to Abilene, DFW area, Waco area, east TX or along I-20 between Abilene, TX and Meridian, MS next month.

It is a 60" belly mount mower that will fit a Mahindra 2615, 3015, or a 2816. It wouldn't be worth trying to convert it to a rear finish mower.

/ Mahindra Mid-mount mower
Many thanks, I'll go pick it up tomorrow. I've been looking for a tractor (my Kubota G5200 is close but no 3 pt). Maybe I'll have to shop for a Mahindra. :) In the mean time I'll throw out a For Sale posting. Thanks again for the info. How much do these things go for new/used?

I'm guessing this is a new for 2012 model of MMM?

Thanks,
Erik

It is a 60" belly mount mower that will fit a Mahindra 2615, 3015, or a 2816. It wouldn't be worth trying to convert it to a rear finish mower.

/ Mahindra Mid-mount mower #4  
Many thanks, I'll go pick it up tomorrow. I've been looking for a tractor (my Kubota G5200 is close but no 3 pt). Maybe I'll have to shop for a Mahindra. :) In the mean time I'll throw out a For Sale posting. Thanks again for the info. How much do these things go for new/used?

I'm guessing this is a new for 2012 model of MMM?

Thanks,
Erik

No, they discontinued the last of them last year, the model 2816.

Ok, got down and picked this up yesterday. Shame on the auction folks for calling a MMM a "finish mower", and even more so for missing the complete model number. This is actually a BSMM15606 NEW, UNUSED mid-mount mower. Probably sat in some Mahindra dealer's inventory until it got auctioned off to make space. The nylon nuts have never been threaded onto the bolts. The mounting plates are pristine (no scratches to show ever been attached). Seems like a wonderful find, except I don't own a Mahindra and the compatible models seem to be out of my price range.

What can/should I do with this thing? Any suggestions? Craigslist, eBay, call Mahindra dealers?

/ Mahindra Mid-mount mower #8  
Ok, got down and picked this up yesterday. Shame on the auction folks for calling a MMM a "finish mower", and even more so for missing the complete model number. This is actually a BSMM15606 NEW, UNUSED mid-mount mower. Probably sat in some Mahindra dealer's inventory until it got auctioned off to make space. The nylon nuts have never been threaded onto the bolts. The mounting plates are pristine (no scratches to show ever been attached). Seems like a wonderful find, except I don't own a Mahindra and the compatible models seem to be out of my price range.

What can/should I do with this thing? Any suggestions? Craigslist, eBay, call Mahindra dealers?

I have a couple used MM mowers that I took in trade, and I have been thinking a front mount mower would be nice in certain situations. If you have a mid PTO you could fabricate the mower to fit the front of the tractor. I have been thinking of doing this for my own use and maybe one to sell.

/ Mahindra Mid-mount mower #9  

erik, here is what another member did to convert a MMM to a 3 point finish mower: I'm No Crook! - Page 4 - TractorByNet.com
I've been using the mower deck I converted into a 3 pnt. finish mower quite a bit this season, 60" of cutting gets the job done a bit faster then the 42" deck on the wifes Cadet, plus she stopped cutting the lawn, and giving me a choice I'd rather be on my more comfortable yanmar than that cub mower,
anyway the point of me reviving this thread is to let everyone know that this "converted mower deck has been working out well" and for anyone who has had the same thoughts to try and make one them selfs its not really that difficult, Note this mower deck was from a retired commercial Zero turn type mower, so it already had a shaft driven gearbox, after I rigged it with a 3 pnt hitch I needed to come up with a way to connect the drive shaft to the PTO of the tractor, I happen to have an old pto overrun clutch adapter that had went bad, so I cut it open and used the inner part by welding it to the spline/yoke of the drive shaft, though I had to use a bolt directly through the new overrun clutch to hold it in place, Not to worry the overrun clutch along with the belt on the mower will provide enough protection to the PTO if ever were to run over something resulting in the mower jamming up,
I though I was going to have to find 2 more wheels for the front side of the deck, although cannot be seen in the photo but on the under side of the deck there are 2- 12" x 3" rollers that keep the deck at just the right height to cut the lawn I do have the pully covers, I just removed them so could point out it is a pully driven mower deck with only but 1 belt that drives all 3 blades,

Well isn't irony exciting.

I was attending an online auction (remember, that's how I got this MM mower in the first place) and ended up buying a Mahindra 2810 in GA. I think the --10 tractor is the wrong generation for my MMM. :)

Guess I'll see how close this 2810 is for mounting the BSMM15606. In the mean time I need to get the MMM posted for sale around the internet. I did get to offload it from my trailer using a friend's tractor with FEL. The bottom is pristine. This MMM has never been mated to a tractor and has never mowed a blade of grass!! Quite the find/buy if it'll happen to fit my new-to-me 2810!