Urgent Request from MyTractorForum.com

/ Urgent Request from MyTractorForum.com #1  

mark777

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020
Gentleman,

I'm going to copy an urgent request from one of our soldiers at the front line in Afghanistan! I will include his email at end.

Posted by: GunSlngr201
Original Content:
Quote:

Gentlemen,
I am currently deployed forward (very forward) in Afghanistan. The team got on site three days ago and part of our package is a C330 Bobcat to help build our fortifications. First day it operated fine, however once it was shut down yesterday it wouldn't start again.

The only fault error we are getting is disconnected air filter (M0116) which has been replaced and air flow sensor is intact. We have a general mechanic on site to help, but this is a little out of his league. We've torn the air preheater apart, cleaned it out and reattached it. I get a glowplug preheat signal while I'm trying to spin it up, but there's no turn over. We've opened the water drain **** to see if it's getting fuel, and it drains.

I've ordered a new set of glow plugs, but am still trying to locate where they are on the engine to pull and check them over. I'm leaning towards fuel pump or glow plugs or fuel cut off selenoid, but have no diagnostic equipment to confirm what the malfunction is.

Bottom line, guys, if we don't get this thing running, our bottoms are hanging out in the open since we can't fill our barriers in with dirt. If anyone has any ideas about where we should be looking or going next, please email me. Thanks.

gunslngr201@gmail.com

Thank you all for reading and willing to help.

Mark & MTF Staff

/ Urgent Request from MyTractorForum.com #2  
Mark......maybe you could post this on the 'Skidsteer' forum and get help a little faster. I've had boys over there and I don't want any butts hanging in the breeze.

/ Urgent Request from MyTractorForum.com
Thanks, brnorma

Thought about that but didn't want to step on any of the TBN staff's toes. Cross posting (or multiple posting) can be a bit presumptuous sometimes.

We found a dealer, and his mechanic that are currently communicating with the fellow and hope his situation is resolved quickly. It was good of you to respond and as a veteran myself, well, we know what it can be like to have your six exposed...

/ Urgent Request from MyTractorForum.com #4  
Glad to hear he is getting help. My sons served and my grand son just enlisted. Our service men and women need all the help we can give.