Help for John Deere 4100 loader

/ Help for John Deere 4100 loader #1  

vafarmboy

Tractor
John Deere 4100
Hello. I am new to the forum and would appreciate any advice.

I just bought a nice 4100 and would like to add a loader to make it more useful. It is a 98 model and I am struggling with some decisions on hydraulics. I am not a mechanic but a skilled parts changer.

My tractor has no hydraulic outlets and does not have the SCV valve. Some earlier models did not come equipped with it. I have found a loader from Koyker that will work with the belly mower but I have not found any loader apps that offer a direct connection kit for the 4100.

The question... What options do I have and which would be the most economical or desirable? I found a SCV at a junk yard. Is it required to connect to the hydraulics or can the loader be connected by putting together fittings somewhere on the housing. Is the SCV useful as the contol valve or would it be better to add a seperate joystick.

Thanks.

/ Help for John Deere 4100 loader #2  
Does your tractor have any hyd at all, even a hyd pump and 3pt.

You can add a pump to almost anything.

I have a pump for my loader that is driven by a fan belt which pumps about 3 GPM, then you will need a joystick valve with relief and hoses.

/ Help for John Deere 4100 loader
Thanks for the info. Mine has hydraulics with 3pt. It did not come with the valve that diverts the tractor hydraulics to serve implements, and can double as the joystick. I am sure it can be connected in some manner, but I am not sure where to begin. I want to make a plan before ordering a loader.

/ Help for John Deere 4100 loader #4  
If the SCV is only one circuit (2 outlets) then it is fairly impractical as you would still need a 2 spool (4 outlets) valve for loader operation that Koyker probably offers. There is probably a way to connect on that tractor, but I don't recall off hand. If you are interested, I could probably find it if you are interested.

Ted

/ Help for John Deere 4100 loader
My understanding is that the complete 4100 system with the SCV has 4 quick connections under the right footboard and that the SCV has a joystick. I have read that connecting to another joystick can improve performance, but I don't know personally.

/ Help for John Deere 4100 loader #6  
If you install the JD SCV, then you will have a good joystick setup. There isn't anything to improve hydraulically by adding another valve to the SCV other than comfort from a different location, but the JD setup isn't bad.

Here is a link to the parts book showing the SCV completely. The valve connects under the rh side of the seat to the hitch housing.

Ted