Fecon FGT 6020

/ Fecon FGT 6020 #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
After Looking at the Cat 299D XHP i'm leaning in that direction the Pt 100 looks well thought out but the dealer is a good drive away, cats been good in the past an very dependable on service. Anyway my rep informed me today the cat hm415 wouldn't be in for a month, so i was thinking bout getting a Fecon Fgt 6020 to run on the 299D. Anyone have any feedback on the FGT 6020? How does it compare to the CAT/FAE Head?

/ Fecon FGT 6020 #2  
Cat 297C I've been selling the Fecon head since 93 I have run the ASV version of the head your talking about basically same as the Bobcat or John deere head made by Fecon. There's different thoughts about it compared to the BH74SS. Personally I think the BH74 cuts better but you get a little finer grind from the Smooth Drum. Operating cost on the BH74 is about 6.00 per hour this is what we charge for tooth wear on our rental units, and covers everything but Major accidents picking up a piece of drill steel and running it though the body (it really happened once) things like that. Two bad the Terex dealer is to far away.

Dave Kopp

/ Fecon FGT 6020
Was thinking the 6020 my be little more productive the guys at Lynn Hendrix told me it has a 20" drum larger two speed motor the drum is smooth an the teeth are spiraled round the drum plus I like there chipper tool its double sided much like the Quadcos I use now on the Rayco. Would like to hear from someone who runs one to confirm

Last edited:
   / Fecon FGT 6020 #4  
Are they more than the standard Fecon units?

/ Fecon FGT 6020
Qwikdraw pm sent