Replacement seat reviews

/ Replacement seat reviews #1  

Ray_Fort_White

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3038E
Searched for a while and didn't find a whole lot on suspension / air ride seats. I'd like to upgrade my JD 3038E stock seat to something with suspension. It can be aftermarket or something made for other brands as long as it easily fits.

Any one tried the $99 Tractor Supply suspension seat?

Anyone bought a seat from their OEM supplier?

Anyone used a seat from another brand?

There's got to be a lot of folks with economy tractors that have swapped out their seat. I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thanks,

/ Replacement seat reviews #2  
I have a yanmar sc 2400 and was wondering the same thing. I sure would like to be more comfortable while mowing for 4 hours straight. I have just started my search.

/ Replacement seat reviews #3  
I have searched and searched but so far All i can locate is the tractor Supply suspension seat, BUT, the bolt holes do not line up. I beleive the JD seat is 8" wide and the TS seat plate is only 7.5" wide. It probably can be modified to fit but so far that is all I can find. I love my JD but the only complaint is the ROUGH RIDE.......... I had New Holland 35 and the ride was great compared to the JD.!!!

/ Replacement seat reviews #4  
Have you tried your John Deere dealer? They may have a seat that will fit your tractor, but not necessarily made specifically for it.

/ Replacement seat reviews #5  
My old seat on my 2004 tractor (non suspension) had many tears in it. Rather than have it recovered I bought the $99 Universal suspension seat from Tractor Supply. It was pretty easy to install. Of course the new seat bolt holes did not line up with the original holes so I had to mark my plate, drill new holes, install new bolts from underneath and weld them in place then installed the seat. Took a couple hours to do and was the best thing I ever did. The seat is very comfortable and is adjustable for weight. I think it adjusts from 100-300 lb. It is much better (easy on the back and butt) than the stock seat as it has suspension for those bumps I always seem to hit. The one I got is the Universal seat #027820599 for $99.99 in black.

Attachments

• DSCN0704 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0704 (Medium).JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 353
   / Replacement seat reviews #6  
Head to the Deere dealer.

The Deere air ride seats are unmatched. Kinda pricey, but worth every penny on a long day.

/ Replacement seat reviews #7  
I have been looking as well another thing you can try that helps a lot is to check the rear tire pressure. There are a couple post on here about running lower pressure in the rear of our tractors for a better ride and better traction.

/ Replacement seat reviews #8  
I bought the TSC suspension seat several years ago for my Kubota B7500. Had to make a couple of simple cross brackets to adapt it but that was easy and didn't require any welding. Worked much better on my bumpy property than the factory seat with the 2 springs. You have to adjust the spring tension in the TSC seat for what works best for you, i.e. lying about how much you actually weigh. This was the seat that had a separate seat bottom and somewhat wrap-around back. After using it for a couple of months I decided I didn't like the seat but did like the suspension operation. After examining my OEM Kubota seat, which is actually made in Grand Rapids Michigan, I realized I could take the seat apart (just screws), drilled some holes and welded some nuts on the inside of the sheet metal backshell that matched the mounting holes for the suspension mechanism. So for several years now I've enjoyed the best of both worlds. The $100 for just the suspension might seem expensive to some but it was a much cheaper alternative to buying those really nice but expensive suspension seats that I also looked at which probably wouldn't fit in my little Kubota anyway. I'm thinking the JD seats are constructed similar to Kubota's so this may be a cheap alternative for you.

/ Replacement seat reviews #9  
AgriSupply also sells them for about the same price and they also have a few more expensive ones IIRC. I bought one $129) for my old Yanmar about 4 years ago. I had to do some modifying to the Yanmar in order to provide more leg room as the new seat was larger than the OEM one but the spring suspension was worth the effort. It also had the wrap around armrest to hold me in the seat on my rough land.