BCS tiller starts but won't stay running

/ BCS tiller starts but won't stay running #1  

rshadlow

Tractor
BCS Tiller
My 710 BCS tiller is 1 year old. After changing the plug and oil, it starts, but will not run more than 30 secs.

I think it is a fuel issue. Can anyone tell me how to remove the carburetor on the unit with a Suburu engine? I think my next step is to blow out the carburetor and clean it. Of course it helps if you know what the carb looks like and how to remove it. Anyone know of some on-line images? Or if you have one and can post?

Thanks

/ BCS tiller starts but won't stay running #2  
Before taking apart the carburetor I'd check the fuel tank for debris and the fuel filter for a clog. Sometimes it's that simple.

/ BCS tiller starts but won't stay running #3  
i would also start with the tank and the filter then move to the carb.if you have never taking one apart dont take it to a shop this will save you money in the long run.

/ BCS tiller starts but won't stay running #4  
Hi! If you can just drain carburator. Often they are under carburator bowl a drain plug. This can remove dirt water etc, Good luck Oldmech

/ BCS tiller starts but won't stay running #5  
Hello rshadlow,

Be sure the fuel shutoff is turned completely on. If it still does not run for long, try draining the gas from the carburetor by removing the drain plug from the side of the carburetor bowl. Put fresh gas in the tank and allow the carb bowl to fill. Try restarting it and run of partial choke until it starts to run cleanly, then turn the choke off. This engine runs a bit lean and must warm up on partial choke to 10-20 seconds before it runs well

Part diagrams for your engine at found at:
http://robinamerica.com/media/manuals/129023426221881250.pdf
Good luck. John @BCS Shop

/ BCS tiller starts but won't stay running
Thank you so much for the link to the parts diagram. It turned out that the carburetor was clogged. I got it apart and got some help on carb cleaning basics and my BCS is running strong again.

Thanks for the help as it saved me having to load it up and leave it at ashop when I really needed it.

RS