Got the Montana blues

/ Got the Montana blues #1  

Wat1

Tractor
Montana 3040
I have a 2006 Montana model 3040 w/front end loader and up until now has been pretty bullet proof, the glow plug indication on the dash is staying on even with key in the off position and of coarse when I first noticed this it wasn't long after and the battery went dead and so I'm guessing that indicator light wasn't lying and there must be a relay that is stuck or something along those lines also I haven't had much luck finding a wiring schematic or shop manual, I have the original owners manual for this tractor which I might ad is a hoot to read but that is all and it's informational value is very basic at best, if anyone has any insight for a solution to helping me get my tractor operational again I would be greatful.

Last edited:
   / Got the Montana blues #2  
It does sound like a stuck glow relay. (Located behind the dash.)
Here's a link to the parts manual for your model. http://partsformontanatractors.com/files/Montana_SParts_3040_3840-a.pdf

And since LS tractor made your tractor you can call most any LS tractor dealer and they can contact their company parts warehouse to cross over the Montana number to an LS number. And the prices aren't bad at all.

/ Got the Montana blues
Thank you very much for information and for parts manual, I got to snooping around alittle more and found the relays just behind the upper dash, I removed the glow plug timer and relay and headed off to a couple of local tractor shops and came up empty handed but it did prompt me to open up the glow plug relay which I cleaned up alittle and reinstalled along w/the timer and all is well in Olympia Wa tonight! Thanks so much again BigBoyinMS for the help, I hope to be able to return the favor sometime. Sincerly Wat1

/ Got the Montana blues #4  
I have an 06 Montana 4540 and had similar symptoms. I replaced the relay under the dash cover and it has ran great since.

/ Got the Montana blues #5  
Sorry for the late reply but I'm glad I could help. I know my tractor pretty well since buying it last year. The original owner had worked it HARD for 5 years and it needed a LOT of minor repairs. I've probably spent $500 on it so far but I saved $8-10k because it wasn't pretty. From what I have found almost all of the LS/Montana models are very similar in the way they are built. I'm totally impressed with mine!