Comparison trading kubota in on a massey

/ trading kubota in on a massey #1  

case245

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 7040sud
i thinking of trading my kubota l38 in on a massey my l38 dont have enough lift cap i dont know alot about masseys i know i dont want to spend more then 30k

/ trading kubota in on a massey #2  
You can probably get more information on Massey Fergusons on the Massey Ferguson or general forum.

/ trading kubota in on a massey #3  
i thinking of trading my kubota l38 in on a massey my l38 dont have enough lift cap i dont know alot about masseys i know i dont want to spend more then 30k

The massey web site will give you all the specs on their loaders.

/ trading kubota in on a massey #4  
For some additional capacity I don't know where you would need a massey or to spend 30,000!

/ trading kubota in on a massey
the farmer i work for has a massey 362 its 55hp idk but told kubotas are crap id like mine it only lifts 200ibs more then the old caseih 245 21hp 3 cyl 60 cu in 2000ibs mach this thing 38hp an only wiegh 600ibs more c om n 200ibs more lift i cant drag loggs either the case did more

/ trading kubota in on a massey #6  
the farmer i work for has a massey 362 its 55hp idk but told kubotas are crap id like mine it only lifts 200ibs more then the old caseih 245 21hp 3 cyl 60 cu in 2000ibs mach this thing 38hp an only wiegh 600ibs more c om n 200ibs more lift i cant drag loggs either the case did more

I'm sure you can drag a log, I had a smaller tractor than the L3800 and could drag logs just fine. I do agree though that your not happy with the lift capacity. Kubota's SCUT's and CUT's are conservative in setting the lift capacity. I'm not happy with my lift capacity either. Thats the only area in my opinion where Kubota needs to get in the game.

/ trading kubota in on a massey #7  
Kubota L3800s are great tractors for their size and match the specs as advertised in real life as I see it.

/ trading kubota in on a massey #8  
Kubota L3800s are great tractors for their size and match the specs as advertised in real life as I see it.

Yes they are! But caseman doesn't seem to understand this, or know what he's talking about, or he's just a troll. Look at his other threads. We have asked him questions that go unanswered, he has not filled the rear tires, he does not use enough weight on the 3pt for loader work, etc, etc, etc... :rolleyes:

My 3800 will lift a full bucket of anything and do it easily.

Mine will also skid logs just fine, actually better than some larger tractors I've used. My brother is a full time logger, I let him borrow the 3800 a while back and he offered to trade me an older 45hp 4wd tractor that weights 1300lbs more. The 3800 will be used this Fall/Winter on a large logging job.

/ trading kubota in on a massey #9  
We also skid smaller logs with a small Massey 2300 4wd. The L3800 will pull that tractor and log out of the woods when needed. :D

Caseman, if ya need a larger tractor, just get one! No need to keep trashing the 3800 because it's too small for your needs.

/ trading kubota in on a massey #10  
Heck, I skid logs with my much smaller B series (generally two at a time if they aren't huge). Hard to believe you couldn't do it with an L. I'd be curious to know what the problem is.