Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #1  

houstonscott

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc
Yes, Kubota made lawn mowers for two years. I bought mine in MD in 1993. A W5021-sc. Best lawn mower ever made. It has worked at least once a week since 1993. However this last week it just died, like it ran out of fuel. So I go online and find they still make parts, put a new exhaust and muffler on (didn't need it), replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter. Ordered an air cleaner not here yet. Put gas and in it and runs like top. Out mowing and working. Not bad. Once every twenty years you would expect some down time. This thing is a tank. Anyone else own a Kubota lawn mower like this one have a similar experience.

HS

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #2  
I have one too and agree 100%, they are great.

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #4  
When I was there a coupld of months ago Kalb Equipment in Memphis had 4 of them including 2 of the heavier commercial models. Kalb's contact info is:

4900 Old Summer Rd.
Memphis , TN 38122
Phone: (901) 761-1300
Fax: (901) 761-1364
Email: john@kalbequipment.com

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #5  
Interesting. How 'bout a pic for us inquiring minds?

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #6  
You might try picking up the telephone and calling them if you are interested.

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #8  
I sincerely apologize for my rude comment. If anyone needs a WSM for their Kubota walk behind mower, either 5019 or 5021, please let me know.

Thanks and again, I am sorry,

Ed

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower #9  
good thread. My aunt mowed a very large area on her acreage and used a commercial Honda self propelled, and Kubota w5021. She liked the Kubota much better. I received the Kubota when she sold. I'm thinking it's more like early 80s.

Aluminum deck, fuel shut off, blade brake...and bullet proof. I really like those options. The fuel shut off allows me to run carb dry every winter. My exhaust rattled loose and we needed to re-do some welding to fix. I change oil, air filters and plug. AWESOME mower. It's getting rattling and engine almost sounds noisy, but after 30 years, it owes us nothing. Still starts and runs. Original cables.

The self-propel on this drags you. Other self-propels feel like they spin out easily, or you still have to push them. Not this baby.

Like it so much, i saw a w5019 on craigslist and snapped it up. The throttle lever has been mickey-moused. It is not self propelled. Otherwise also an aluminum deck beauty. You are correct though, very hard to find.

I was within inches of selling the w5021 about 10 years ago. I had a newer craftsman and the Kubota had sat for a few years and i had never used it. Craftsman did the job and I thought I didn't need 2 mowers. Put an ad out, someone was set to buy it. My wife said since it was my aunt's, maybe I should think about it. If not for that, I'd never have had the chance to try this out.

/ Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower
I put the new air cleaner on and it just keeps mowing. I will changes oil and gear oil this fall, and go again next season. If I ever found one in the box new unsold I would give retail sight unseen for it.

HS