New Kubota RTV 400

/ New Kubota RTV 400 #1  

woodyb

Tractor
Kubota RTV 400
Hi Folks, new to the forum. I just purchased the RTV 400 and wanted some in put.

I have only put a few hours on the unit so far, but a couple of things I noticed after getting it home.

1)Once or twice the unit would not turn over, but once the machine was rocked forward and backward slightly it would. My first inclination is that it wasn't fully in neutral and therefore would not start, I hope this is the situation.

2)Gears grind occasionally when either putting into drive from reverse or reverse to drive. It seems to stop when you shift back to the original gear and then back.

Has anyone had any similar instances with the RTV's before. I hope it's just new bugs.

/ New Kubota RTV 400 #2  
Hi Folks, new to the forum. I just purchased the RTV 400 and wanted some in put.

I have only put a few hours on the unit so far, but a couple of things I noticed after getting it home.

1)Once or twice the unit would not turn over, but once the machine was rocked forward and backward slightly it would. My first inclination is that it wasn't fully in neutral and therefore would not start, I hope this is the situation.

2)Gears grind occasionally when either putting into drive from reverse or reverse to drive. It seems to stop when you shift back to the original gear and then back.

Has anyone had any similar instances with the RTV's before. I hope it's just new bugs.

Congrats on the new machine...TBN rile #1--Without pictures it never happened :D

RTV's can be buggers to get in and out of gear..Generally the secret is to keep your foot on the brake for a few seconds to make the transition easier it allows the HST to unload...

/ New Kubota RTV 400 #3  
Not sure but I'd call the dealer myself. With the older RTV's they shifted hard because of the hydro transmission but yours being a cvt shouldn't have the same problem...I'd expect there is an adjustment slightly off....maybe the idle is high or something along those lines but you want to call them right away before much damage is done.

Enjoy your new unit...RTV's are built like a tank.:thumbsup:

/ New Kubota RTV 400 #4  
Welcome to TBN!!!

I love my RTV 1140, hope you enjoy your RTV as much as I have mine.
I suspect a very slight adjustment to a sensor that recognizes when vehicle is in neutral is what is needed.... for starting.

For me, the occasional shifting difficulty is handled by a variety of techniques. Various of these work at various times. Never a big problem for m.

Foot on brake will offload the transmission...allowing shifting.

tap the accelerator speeding up the engine, then back off, keeping slight pressure on shift lever...should slip in...significant pressure does not work.

Make sure vehicle is stopped.....

if in 4 wheel drive, sometimes necessary to cycle front wheels left/right between stops to shift to 2 wheel drive.

/ New Kubota RTV 400 #5  
Keep in mind guys that the 400 has a completely different transmission...he's not dealing with hydro lock like the hydrostatic transmissions do. Our tips/tricks won't necessarily work with his unit.

/ New Kubota RTV 400
Thanks for the input everyone, I figured out the starting situation is caused by the shift lever being in the neutral slot but apparently it's a bit out of adjustment because if you move it's slightly it is engages the sensor allowing it to start. The shifting problem continues to persist, and after some consultation with the dealer I thnk it is because the idle is to high, I will be dropping it off Tuesday so hopefully they can get it all straightened out.

Thx woody

/ New Kubota RTV 400 #7  
Thanks for the input everyone, I figured out the starting situation is caused by the shift lever being in the neutral slot but apparently it's a bit out of adjustment because if you move it's slightly it is engages the sensor allowing it to start. The shifting problem continues to persist, and after some consultation with the dealer I thnk it is because the idle is to high, I will be dropping it off Tuesday so hopefully they can get it all straightened out.

Thx woody

Did you get everything straightened out?

How would you rate your satisfaction over the last year?