260 backhoe hose problems

/ 260 backhoe hose problems #1  

Burtcg

Tractor
Deere 1026r
One of the hydraulic hoses on 260 backhoe mounted on 1026r runs over top of left footrest. Dealer called Deere engineering and they said yep. My left foot accidentally uncoupled hose yesterday

Anybody have this issue?

/ 260 backhoe hose problems #2  
WHY !! over the top of rest foot step.. Yea my goes back behind and close to footrest but not where I 've ever stepped on mine to disconnect lines.
Sure you had hose completely latched .... Yes I've stepped on my hoses but never to the point of hoses disconnected.
I've got a 2305 with BH ,just wondering mine has a bracket to hold hoses to help keep them back behind your foot so wondering ,if yours has a bracket to hold your hoses back behind your foot.
Called a Support about 6-10" long lines from the BH comes up through the support ...Item # 39

Good luck

Attachments

• MP38708________UN06NOV06.gif
    MP38708________UN06NOV06.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 445
   / 260 backhoe hose problems
I have attached a photo showing the location of the hose covering the left foot rest. Surely the hose is installed incorrectly??:confused2:

Attachments

• IMG_6756.jpg
    IMG_6756.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 894
   / 260 backhoe hose problems #4  
What a bunch of people do (I learned it from others) is to place the hoses a little differently... Basically from the picture you just posted I would uncouple the connector you would be stepping on and couple it just inside of the coupler with the hard 90deg bend on it. This will keep that 1/2 loop of hose (the one going out over the tire and back) back up tight against the machine.

If the hoses won't go that way easily then park the machine, de-pressurize the hydraulics, and loosen the nuts nearest the hose you need to twist in order to get things into place. This will allow you to re-position the hoses to get them to route properly. Once things sit right then you re-tighten everything securely and off you go. It goes without saying that if you aren't comfortable with hydraulics then please get your dealer or a friend who is comfortable to do it and never check for leaks with your hands... just google "hydraulic injection injury" to see why.

/ 260 backhoe hose problems #5  
I have attached a photo showing the location of the hose covering the left foot rest. Surely the hose is installed incorrectly??:confused2:

Easy fix: disconnect the offending hose and run it behind the other connected hydraulic hose and reconnect.

/ 260 backhoe hose problems
Dealer came out and brought out a wore hose guide and bolted it to foot rest of backhoe and it keeps house out of the way.