Anyone put a Johnny Bucket on their Cub

/ Anyone put a Johnny Bucket on their Cub #1  

wwmw

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford LGT 145 14HP KOHLER
Johnny Buckets on cubs anyone, if so how does it work, does anyone have any plans they might share? Not Manual Buckets please... :laughing: I have a cub 1515 with a 15HP engine.

Thanks!
William

/ Anyone put a Johnny Bucket on their Cub #2  
Hello WWMW,

I have a Johnny Bucket on my 2185. Electric motors for lift (no curl!) and dump. I also got the joystick control as opposed to a switch for each motor.

I am happy with it; it makes my garden tractor more useful. However, calling it a 'bucket' is a bit of a misnomer... The term 'bucket' implies specific things in the mindset of tractoring... It is more accurate to call it a 'scoop', and describe it as a replacement for a wheelbarrow & shovel. (Shovel still often required due to lack of curl function.)

The quality and fabrication is top-notch. Much sturdier than anything CC produces. Am I happy I got it? Yes. Is it a 'bucket?' No.

Hope this helps,

/ Anyone put a Johnny Bucket on their Cub
That sounds great PT did you buy the Scoop, or Fabricate it? if you fab'ed how much did everything cost you? and do you have any plans.

Thanks!
William

/ Anyone put a Johnny Bucket on their Cub
Is my Cub Cadet 1515 with the 15HP Koler Command powerful enough for a 42" Johnny Bucket Jr. any thoughts or opinions appreciated thinking about buying one soon.

Thanks!
William

/ Anyone put a Johnny Bucket on their Cub #6  
Hello WWMW,

The 'power' you need to operate the Johnny Bucket is electrical... Hence, I would say that as long as the electrical system on your 1515 is in great working order, you will not have issues.

Note that like any common tractor with a bucket or snowblower, you will require rear weights of some sort.

Hope this helps,